Company: WilmerHale LLP
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Staff AccountantTracking Code1360-437Job DescriptionJOB
SUMMARYUnder general supervision, responsible for complex
accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and
accurate general ledger and financial statements.PRINCIPAL DUTIES
- Maintains the General Ledger system including timely
reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, assisting with month and
year-end closes, and reviewing the trial balance to determine
accuracy and reasonableness of financial data/transaction prior to
issuance of financial
- Responsible for Firms fixed assets, which includes recording
the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets, tracking existing fixed
assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposition
- Demonstrates working knowledge of current fixed asset
- Prepares quarterly and annual surveys to be filed with
appropriate governmental agencies on a timely basis.
- Assists in the annual audit process by providing audit
documentation and preparing requested schedules for internal and
external auditors. Works with the Accounting Manager to resolve
audit findings and to ensure timely, successful completion of the
- Responsible for the development and distribution of required
monthly financial reports using the Firms financial reporting
- Ensures the integrity of accounting data and adheres to
applicable accounting principles and policy directives of
- Provides decision-support to Accounting Manager, Treasury
Manager, and Controller. This includes identifying issues/problems
from both a business and financial perspective and developing
solutions and presenting recommendations.
- Participates in or manages special projects and performs other
duties as assigned.Required SkillsMINIMUM
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to work
effectively with minimal supervision in an atmosphere of multiple
projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use PC-based and on-line
technology, database, presentation, and spreadsheet software
currently in use at WH.
- Knowledge of the relationship of the financial function to the
overall operation and management of an organization.
- Ability to handle diverse tasks, perform financial analysis and
to regularly prioritize tasks to respond to changing management
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as necessary to work
effectively with people at all levels at WH.
- Business math skills as necessary to add, subtract, multiply,
divide, and calculate percentages, read and create graphs, develop
formulas, calculate and interpret statistics.
- Demonstrated ability to compile data and information based on
established procedures, perform data entry and run established
reports using spreadsheet and database applications.
- Ability to make routine decisions based on established policies
and procedures, clear objectives, and business/professional
- Good oral communication skills as necessary to communicate and
coordinate with others on varied and occasionally complex
- Knowledge of business writing skills including: business
English, vocabulary, punctuation, grammar, and spelling in order to
present information that requires some origination and/or
compilation.Required ExperienceEducation:Bachelors Degree in
Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience. CPA
preferred.Experience:Minimum two years directly related to the
duties or skills described herein. Public accounting experience is
preferred.WilmerHale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or
other protected status. Job LocationDayton, Ohio, United
Keywords: WilmerHale LLP, Dayton , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!