Company: Clopay Corporation
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Clopay Cororation is North America's largest residential garage
door manufacturer. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional
customer service as well as unsurpassed quality and innovative
products. Our employees are the cornerstone of our success and we
are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team. We have an
excellent opportunity for a Commodity Manager in our Troy Ohio
Manufacturing location. In this position, the successful candidate
will perform the following job responsibilities:
- Plan and analyze material requirements for assigned commodities
utilizing available forecast, historic information, current
industry information and company inventory objectives.
- Purchase raw materials and finished goods as assigned at best
possible cost and quality to meet company specifications.
- Expedite material requirements as needed to prevent
interruptions in customer orders and production shortages.
- Review item or material needs with various departments and
investigate new sources of supply as required to guarantee an
adequate source of supply.
- Utilize acceptable techniques including ABC analysis, economic
order quantities, and other principles of inventory control to
determine item stock levels, assuring on-hand inventory while
minimizing storage, handling, and obsolescence costs.
- Notify Manager of inventory changes relative to budgeted
- Review the operational forecast on a monthly basis to uncover
unexpected turning points in customer trends.
- Utilize available tools to analyze usage at the product model
level for historical, current, and long range time frames.
- Validate, update and maintain Purchasing centric item,
sourcing, and supplier records.
- Provide suppliers with detailed current and annual purchase
- Leverage Suppliers, Professional Organizations, Market indices
and underlying commodity pricing trends to become the Clopay expert
in your assigned commodities.
- Interview current and prospective suppliers; qualify new
- Prepare, execute and evaluate RFP/RFQs.
- Lead the preparation for Supplier negotiations.
- Identify and support process improvements throughout the supply
- Pair with Clopay's Purchasing Project Analyst to identify,
develop and execute strategic sourcing initiatives, cost savings
strategies and product improvement initiatives.
- Work with Clopay's Purchasing Quality Engineer to assist in the
resolution of product quality issues.
- In collaboration with Purchasing Quality and Management, lead
annual supplier performance reviews with key suppliers.
- Maintain records and files to assure information availability
to other required personnel.
- Approach and support Clopay's purchasing requirements as a
supportive and collaborative member of the Purchasing Team,
providing back-up assistance and issue support, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, or equivalent.
- Minimum of four years of purchasing/buying/sourcing and
inventory control experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent negotiation, basic accounting, analytical and
inventory control skills.
- NAFTA travel is sometimes required.We offer competitive pay, a
comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401(k),
Short-Term Disability, Life Insurance and Educational Assistance.
Please visit our website at to learn more about our company. An
Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a drug-free work
Keywords: Clopay Corporation, Dayton , Commodity Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Troy, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!