Box Office / Cashier
Posted on: August 15, 2019
Creates a welcome environment for Customers. Sells tickets to
movies and special events. Provides movie and event information.
Enforces film studio and theatre admission policies. Cleans and
maintains the box office area. Responsible for security of cash and
tickets. The Box Office Cashier may also be asked to double as the
Concession Worker, Restaurant Worker, or Usher, as staffing needs
require, and should, therefore, be able to perform the essential
functions of those positions as well.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Greets Customers and visitors in a professional manner.
- Provides movie, special event, and general theatre
- Suggests alternative movie selections, as appropriate.
- Enters ticket sale, accepts payment, processes transaction, and
makes correct change.
- Prevents underage children from seeing adult audience (R-rated
and NC-17 rated) movies.
- Complies with film studio admittance policies, including any
pass and/or discount ticket restrictions.
- Processes pass admissions.
- Voids passes, coupons, and discount tickets after the
transaction has finished.
- Processes refunds when necessary and completes any required
- Answers telephone in a professional manner.
- Keeps box office area clean and clutter-free.
- Responsible for cash balance at end of shift.
- Updates box office marquees and displays.
- Watches for safety or security issues (trip hazards, lighting,
suspicious persons, etc.) and reports to management.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Available to work evening hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Ability to communicate with all ages, genders, and
- Ability to effectively and regularly converse in and comprehend
- Ability to speak clearly and to hear or lip-read
- Manual dexterity and an aptitude for mathematics is required to
make change, operate computerized ticketing equipment, and change
box office signage boards or displays.
- Box offices are often small and enclosed spaces in which a
Cashier is required to stand or sit for an extended period of
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Accurate cash handling and math skills.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Frequent bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent standing, walking and reaching around the
- Noise level may be moderate to high at times.
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description is intended only as a general guideline
of your duties and responsibilities at Cinemark and is not a
legally binding contract. Cinemark reserves the right to amend,
change or terminate the job description, as it deems appropriate.
Any change amendments, or modifications may be implemented even
though they have not been communicated, reprinted or substituted in
this job description.
All Cinemark theatres are designated smoke-free workplaces. This
includes vapor, electronic, conventional, cigars, etc.
Cinemark USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Cinemark, Dayton , Box Office / Cashier, Administration, Clerical , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!