Preschool Teacher - Piqua - Full Year
Company: COUNCIL ON RURAL SERVICE PROGRAMS INC
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Piqua Building - Piqua, OH
$9.51 - $16.31 Hourly
Team with the Head Teacher to plan and implement the educational
program for the children by developing a working knowledge of
performance standards, ODE Early Learning Development Standards,
Head Start domains, curriculum and policies and procedures.
Head Teacher or ECSC
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry forth the Vision, Mission and Core Values of the
- Prompt, punctual attendance is required.
- Assist the Head Teacher with daily operations in the center
classroom working with both children and parents. This will
include, but is not limited to, preparation of the learning
environment and gathering necessary materials, the daily routine,
small and large group times, outdoor time, and mealtime activities.
Work with the children will be performed at their physical
- Ensure the safety of all children by assuring proper
supervision of the children at all times.
- Ensure a safe, healthy, sanitary, and organized learning
- Be familiar with agency curriculum, Head Start domains, and ODE
Early Learning Development Standards.
- Assist the Head Teacher in planning and providing activities
and experiences that promote interest in individualization and
skill building in all developmental domains.
- Take part in developing weekly lesson plans utilizing the
agency's adopted curriculum.
- Assist in completion of developmental screenings of all
children in compliance with time frames.
- Assist in observing and recording children's developmental
progress using identified assessment tool.
- In the absence of the Head Teacher, assure the continued smooth
and safe operation of the classroom.
- Complete bus monitor training.
- Support the efforts of the center team in planning and
implementing family literacy and male involvement activities
throughout the program year.
- With the entire center team, recruit and help train volunteers
for the program.
- When requested by supervisor, attend parent meetings and
supervise children during these meetings.
- When appropriate, enter documentation electronically into the
case notes of family/child's electronic file.
- Assist Home Visitor with group day experiences as a bus monitor
and by assisting in the classroom.
- When requested by supervisor and as part of professional
development, complete home visits, plans and parent/teacher
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Complete and submit all forms and required paperwork on
- Attend Step Up To Quality trainings to maintain overall Step Up
To Quality Standards.
- Generate and correctly record non-federal share hours of
families and volunteers.
- Communicate all necessary information to the appropriate
- Attend all trainings required by the agency.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas for families and
- Adhere to all agency and program policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
This is full-time, full year opening. Wage scale is $10.73 to
$11.59 with a Preschool CDA, $13.98 to $15.10 with an Associate's
Degree, $14.82 to $16.00 with a Bachelor's Degree and $15.10 to
$16.31 with a Master's Degree. Wage is $9.51/hour with high school
diploma and applicant needs to agree to be enrolled in a CORS
approved and paid accredited Child Development (CDA) program and
achieve completion of CDA program within two years of start
NOTICE: All Head Start employees must be vaccinated therefore, with
limited exceptions as required by law, new employees must provide
proof of full vaccination status on or before the date of hire.
Education and Training: High school diploma or GED with a CDA or
equivalent; or agree to be enrolled in a CORS approved and paid
accredited Child Development (CDA) program and achieve completion
of CDA program within two years of start date. Associate's degree
or higher in Early Childhood Education preferred.
Work Experience Required: None
Special Conditions: Ability to lift 40 pounds, stoop, bend, and
reach. A valid driver's license and a driving history acceptable to
agency insurer. Involves extensive organizing, problem solving,
record keeping, and time management.
Keywords: COUNCIL ON RURAL SERVICE PROGRAMS INC, Dayton , Preschool Teacher - Piqua - Full Year, Education / Teaching , Piqua, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!