Anatomy & Physiology Instructor
Company: Fortis College
Posted on: November 26, 2022
* Documented expertise in academic area as demonstrated by data
sheets, diplomas, transcripts, certifications, resume
* Expertise in interpersonal and oral presentation/written
* Minimum of 3 years of significant program related/industry
experience for Technical Instructor
* Appropriate program licensure, as well as relevant
certifications, work experience and Masters Degree as per
accreditation and state licensing procedures.
* The general education instructor must have a master's degree and
15-18 semester masters level credits in the subject taught or a
master's degree in the subject taught.
* Post secondary teaching experience preferred
* Strong organizational and planning skills
* Team player who demonstrates initiative, dependability and
*Work Hours: *May vary daily, and evening hours may be
*Working Environment*: Interior/Classroom/Lab
*Position Summary: *
The Instructor provides updated and fully prepared instruction to
students, actively engages in retention activities and manages the
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities: *
* Teaches courses as assigned by the Department Chair/DOE/Academic
* Utilizes unit and daily lesson plans.
* Utilizes a variety of supplementary resources (i.e. instructional
technology, guest speakers, field trips, current articles and
literature, discipline specific equipment, etc.).
* Maintains laboratory and classroom organization and
* Monitors classroom and student safety and immediately report
safety concerns to appropriate manager.
* Actively engages in retention activities including documented
communication with both students and administration regarding
attendance and progress.
* Submits assigned grading and attendance documentation on
* Provides assistance for the planning, development, and
maintenance of program curriculum.
* Works with the Department Chair/Director of Education/Academic
Dean to resolve student concerns.
- Provides each student course syllabi on the first day of
- Grades tests, projects, and other assignments in a required
- Records and maintains accurate student attendance and grade
- Participates in student activities such as serving as club
advisors, if asked.
- Completes midterm evaluations for each student halfway through
- Reports need for supplies and computer equipment to manager.
- Is aware of the school catalog, faculty handbook, and student
handbook, and understands all the procedures and expectations
stated within it as well as policies stated therein.
- Participates in the evaluation of textbooks and other
- Is accountable for all equipment, textbooks, instructor's
manuals, software, tapes, CD, etc. being used for the current
- Submits final grades to the Registrar by established
- Performs end-of-the term procedures by preparing the classroom
for the next term.
- Provides annual documentation of continuing professional
* Attends scheduled company meetings, in-service workshops and
faculty meetings and incorporate learned concepts into classroom
* Participates in Advisory Board activities coordinated through
Career Services and the DOE/Academic Dean.
* Adheres to and supports school policies and procedures as
referenced in the employee handbook, faculty handbook, and
* Attends graduation and orientation ceremonies.
* In case of emergency, provides a qualified, prepared substitute
who must be approved by your Department Chair prior to class. Where
coverage exists under Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) or the
employee seeks a leave of absence or modified work schedule or
other reasonable accommodation under the Americans With
Disabilities Act (ADA) or applicable state laws, or where the
employee's absence is otherwise covered under state workers'
compensation laws, employees are not required to find a substitute
to cover such qualifying absences.
* Performs such other duties as may be specified by the Department
Chair/DOE/Academic Dean or the School Director.
Regular and reliable attendance.
Job Type: Part-time
* 401(k) matching
* 4 hour shift
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Master's (Required)
* Higher education teaching: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Fortis College, Dayton , Anatomy & Physiology Instructor, Education / Teaching , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!