Posted on: November 25, 2022
Hendrickson Composite Dayton is the first of its kind and is
pushing innovation within the international world of Hendrickson. -
In every sense of the word, Hendrickson is a leader. We've achieved
that status by providing our people with autonomy, resources, and
flexibility to step up, innovate, and take us to new levels of
excellence. The people who excel at Hendrickson embrace the values
and guiding principles of the organization employment. - We are
looking to add an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to our team in
Dayton, Ohio. - We are a 3-shift manufacturing facility, and this
position may be on any shift. - Position Purpose: Provides support
and continuous improvement of fabrication and welding systems and
associated tooling. Responsible for coordinating technical design
and test aspects. The successful incumbent will provide process and
manufacturing engineering support for new and/or ongoing production
programs, projects with customers, various internal organizations,
and appropriate internal personnel. - Essential Functions:
- Continual improvement of process and product quality. - Improve
methods and reduce costs. - Ensure that the tools and fixtures
required to support our processes area available and are in good
- Introduce new parts and processes to support developing
- Manage various projects that support product development. -
Coordinate the installation of new production processes in the
facility required to product the trailer products.
- Assure that all applicable quality standards are met in the
introduction of Trailer products. Coordinate all technical aspects
of a project and component design utilizing the Product Planning
and Development Procedure.
- Designs, validates, provides test reports, and sign-off
documents, and ensures production readiness.
- Coordinates with CAD, FEA, and laboratory personnel and
interfaces with other departments in support of the above.
- Coordinates the technical design and test aspects on the
project with suppliers and customers.
- Provides continuous improvement through employee development,
process improvement, and elimination of waste. - Helps to assure
safety in the lab and office. - Education and Training
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical area is required (ME
preferred). Minimum Qualifications
- 5-8 year's professional experience in manufacturing
- Knowledge of electric and pneumatic industrial power tools is
- Hands-on experience in tooling, fixturing and methods is
- Ability to manage multiple projects and suppliers is
- Hands-on experience with CAD and CAM technology is
- Experience in PLC programming is strong positive.
- Experience in writing and managing capital expenditures is a
- Experience in procurement of manufacturing systems and
equipment relative to metal working is strong positive.
- Production experience is a strong positive.
- Should demonstrate excellent problem solving, decision-making,
communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Should be customer focused. Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
status as a protected veteran. Additional Information
Keywords: Hendrickson, Dayton , Engineer II, Engineering , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!