Imaging Equipment Specialist - Biomedical Engineering - Kettering - Full-Time - Days
Company: Kettering Health Network
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Imaging Equipment Specialist - Biomedical Engineering -
Kettering - Full-Time - Days
Job ID: 2022-35918
# of Openings: 3
KH Main Campus
Kettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13 medical centers
and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. We
are committed to transforming the health care experience with
high-quality care for every stage of life. Our service-oriented
mission is in action every day, whether it's by providing care in
our facilities, training the next generation of health care
professionals, or serving others through international
Biomedical Imaging Specialist duties include: inspection,
calibration, installation, maintenance, and repair of a wide
variety of imaging equipment. Works with equipment users for best
resolution of issues and communicates equipment status. Maintains a
clean and organized work area. Keeps complete records of work done.
Assists the manager with equipment replacement recommendations.
Other duties as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelors degree in biomedical electronics or
related, or a combination of relevant training and experience.
- Extensive additional advanced training and extensive self study
in the imaging equipment field, including but not limited to,
equipment for diagnostic radiography, film processing, image
storage, fluoroscopy, digital radiography, radiation therapy, CT
scanners, magnetic resonance, and ultrasonic imaging.
- Minimum of three years work experience as a BMET, with at least
one year of full-time (or equivalent) specialized work experience
with imaging equipment systems.
- Manifest advanced skills and abilities in a broad range of
imaging equipment areas.
- Extensive knowledge of ionizing radiation effects on the human
body and the methodologies of ionizing radiation safety and
- Comprehensive knowledge of high voltage and electrical safety
precautions and procedures, and considerable ability in
interpretation and application of hospital codes, standards, and
- Demonstrable advanced skill in applying electric/electronic
circuit theory and operating principles to effectively diagnose
- Demonstrated ability in effectively troubleshooting and repairing
a wide variety of imaging equipment systems.
- Demonstrable knowledge and proficiency in the use of advanced
electronic test and measurement instrumentation.
- Knowledge of basic computer theory and skill in effectively using
computer systems and applications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the practices, procedures, methods,
tools, materials, and instrumentation associated with the imaging
- Advanced skill in interpreting complex wiring diagrams, schematic
drawings, and service manuals and specifications.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
Keywords: Kettering Health Network, Dayton , Imaging Equipment Specialist - Biomedical Engineering - Kettering - Full-Time - Days, Engineering , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!