Company: Lincoln Electric
Location: Fort Loramie
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Lincoln Electric Automation, Fort Loramie, OH, a subsidiary of
Lincoln Electric, specializes in laser welding, robotic welding and
fixturing, press automation, and tube bending/fabricating systems
which further strengthens Lincoln Electric's already strong
position as a market leader.
Req. ID: 23211
Position Summary: Individual should have a strong background of
practicing in the weld engineering of turn-key manufacturing
systems that were built to support various production requirements
for a wide variety of industries including Automotive and
Appliance. Practical knowledge of the manufacturing disciplines
used within a job shop environment to build automated systems is
- Must be familiar with Company quality objectives and play an
active role in reaching continuous improvement objectives. Position
- Work with Department Managers on a regular basis to identify
areas of improvement that will attain higher levels of customer
- Review designs and make recommendations for material selection
and joint geometry based on design objectives, such as strength,
weight, heat resistance, electrical conductivity, and
- Analyze data and Validate weld quality as part of system
requirements. (Cut and Etch, Pull Tests, etc.)
- Assist in selection of welding equipment and sizing lasers for
various laser welding applications as well as developing of welding
parameters and settings for each. (Autogenous, Hybrid, Laser Hot
Wire, Laser Cold Wire, Laser Brazing, Laser Metal Deposition,
- Assist in selection of welding equipment for Spot Welding,
Drawn Arc Welding, Projection Welding, etc. as well as developing
of welding parameters and settings for each.
- Assist in selection of welding equipment for various MIG/MAG
welding as well as developing of welding parameters and settings
- Assist in Friction Stir welding design and setting up of
- Assist in certification of welders.
- Analyze welds for conformance to spec's for military and
- Assist in selection of Laser equipment for other various Laser
processes as well as development of parameters. (Cutting, Marking,
- Program Robotic Systems.
- Provide training to others on proper welding settings and
- Provide feedback regarding system design to optimize welds.
(Torch Angles, access, etc.)
- Develop solutions and determine proper weld sequence for cycle
time and part dimensional.
- Monitor material performance and evaluate material
- Audit and evaluate fabrication vendors for adherence to
- Conduct feasibility projects and develop system prospects based
- Stay abreast of current technologies.
- Other roles and responsibilities as determined by
- Assist in certification of welders.
- Travel up to 25% of the time to support our projects, training
and other requirements. Essential skills and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent demonstrated experience in Weld
Engineering, Metallurgy and/or other principle degree.
- 2 to 5 years' experience in manufacturing and/or design of
industrial automated equipment.
- Some robotic experience preferred.
- Educational, training, and experience requirements may be
modified at the Management Team's discretion.
- Complete PC capabilities, using MS office programs and others
as required, and ability to develop computer programs or
spreadsheets for specific analyses.
- Previous work with welding equipment and materials such as
ferrous and non-ferrous alloys.
- Prefer Certified Weld Inspector or familiarity with AWS code.
Nonessential skills and experience:
- Computer proficiency, including spreadsheet, and word
- FMEA, Equipment Capability, Safety (OSHA, RIA, ANSI Stds.)
Reporting to this position:none
Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S)
- Understand the Company's EHS Policy and how it relates to this
- Be aware of OSHA & EPA laws and regulations as well as the
Company's Plant Rules and Regulations that pertain to this
- Work in a safe and environmentally friendly manner and observe
all company EHS procedures.
- Know that the company EHS procedures are located on the ISO
- Immediately notify the Supervisor if there is any safety
hazard, any equipment not operating correctly, or if there are any
questions regarding EHS procedures.
- Attend required EHS training Physical demands and work
environment:The physical demands and work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is
occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and
arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. Be able to climb ladders; lift
hand tools approx. 1-15 lbs. in weight to complete machine
assembly, parts up to 50 lbs. Repetition with activity.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate to high.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $3.2B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with
over 11,000 employees around the world. With operations in over
56manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned
to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our
customers.As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute
to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that
comes with being part of the solution to the world's challenges. It
is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from
third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of
Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager
of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric.
Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln
Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric
will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not
coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting
Employment Status: Salary Full-Time
City: Fort Loramie
Nearest Major Market: Lima
Nearest Secondary Market: Findlay
Job Segment: MIG Welding, Welding, Metallurgy, Machinist,
Keywords: Lincoln Electric, Dayton , Weld Engineer, Engineering , Fort Loramie, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...