Junior Implementation Engineer
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Welcome to SITA... We lead one of the most exciting and advanced industries on earth. Around the world, nearly every passenger flight relies on SITA technology, almost every airport and airline does business with us, and its our job to support their operations. As the world's leading air transport IT and communications specialist, were committed to meeting the demands of the air transport industry around the clock, every day.
Our Vision: Easy air travel every step of the way
WHY SHOULD YOU BE INTERESTED?
With us there are no limits for people looking to explore the edges of possibility and beyond. Together, we Go.Far.
Challenge: Our people take on some of the biggest challenges in our industry. They aren't afraid to think bigger, work harder and deliver smarter solutions that are continuously transforming air travel.
Opportunity: Taking on these challenges opens up a world of opportunities for our people. We make sure they have the chance to develop their skills, explore new horizons and grow their careers on a global scale.
At SITA we believe that creating and nurturing an inclusive culture is about who we are as an organisation, and as an employer. Diversity is more than a target to us, its a key part out of our collective identity and values.
You will be designing, implementing, maintaining and supporting infrastructure services in accordance with business and functional requirements, using appropriate SITA standards, policies and processes across multiple projects.
* You will be involved in systems implementation for customers, gathering customer requirements, software implementation and integration, user acceptance testing, training, software install documentation, and ongoing maintenance and support for all SITA and Com-Net Software products
* This Includes deployment, configuration, and integration of the platform, operating system, and application software
* You will be responsible for resolution of escalated technical issues requiring a higher level of expertise
* You will be required to travel extensively, between 50% 75% (please consider while applying)
* Knowledge/experience in implementation or support of infrastructure platforms, application deployments, implementing systems and modules with experience in multiple full lifecycle implementations.
* Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Technologies (2012/2014) and core functions
* Extensive experience with Operating Systems (Microsoft 2008RD/W7/8/10/2012R2/2016) and core functions (Active Directory, IIS, Message Queuing, Backup, Windows Deployment Services)
* Intermediate networking concepts
* Exceptional analytical, conceptual, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
* Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, inclusive of the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical people
* Strong leadership skills paired with the ability to mentor and teach others
* Business Acumen
* Conflict Management
* Risk Management
* Accuracy/Attention to Detail
* Business Process Improvement
* Capacity Planning/Management
* Cloud Computing
* Computer Systems Industry
* Conceptual Thinking
* Configuration Management
* Contracts Management and Admin
* Info. Security Management
* IT Governance
* IT Service Management (ITSM)
* Knowledge of Organization
* Managing Change
* Requirements Analysis
* System/Technology Integration
* Systems Thinking
* Technical Excellence
* Technical Troubleshooting
* Tech. Writing/Documentation
* Adhering to Principles & Values
* Creating & Innovating
* Customer Focus
* Results Orientation
* Impact & Influence
* Leading Execution
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or similar.
SITA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran. SITA does not discriminate based on age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, disability, marital status, age, Vietnam Era Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
SITA is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to individuals with disabilities. SITA will provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed.
SITA's equal employment opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and actions, including, without limitation, recruitment, application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions.
Keywords: SITA, Dayton , Junior Implementation Engineer, Engineering , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!