Sr. Acquisition Program Manager (SOF/41)*
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Title: Acquisition Program Management Support, Senior (SOF/41)
Job Location: Wright Patterson, AFB OH
Odyssey Systems is seeking a Sr Acquisition Program Manager on
Wright-Patterson AFB to support our SOF/Personnel Recovery contract
with the AFLCMC/WI which is headquartered at Wright-Patterson Air
Force Base (AFB). The ISR & SOF Directorate currently has several
intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance-focused divisions,
one of which is WIS. WIS consists of a diverse set of programs with
equally diverse missions to meet a common goal: provide our
warfighters with the best weapon systems possible in the most
efficient and timely manner.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small
business committed to providing world-class technical, management,
and training support services to government and public sector
clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver
superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to
mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with
exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We
accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning
stages, through implementation, and into operations and
Duties include, but not limited to:
* Apply knowledge and experience in acquisition program management
philosophy policies and procedures to systems, subsystems,
equipment procurement activities, post-award project/program
management tasks, and acquisition programs throughout their life
* Manage and organize resources and personnel needed to efficiently
and effectively meet the objectives of each task, as well as
explore new approaches as applicable to the performance of these
* Assign personnel to provide services as described below in
execution of the SOF & PR Division Acquisition Management Support
* Assist with developing integrated risk management plans and
* Assist with analyzing and preparing draft recommendations
relating to contractor production changes for Government
* Assist with writing, reviewing, and editing program documentation
with the goal of ensuring weapon system changes are accurately
identified and recorded
* Assist with reviewing ECPs and Contract Change Proposals (CCPs).
Participate in fact-finding and support the Configuration Control
Board (CCB) process.
* Assist with performing analysis of problems and issues confirmed
by the Government as requiring additional support. Analysis of the
problems and issues shall include but are not limited to,
identification of potential impacts/risks to programs,
mitigation/avoidance strategies, etc.
* Provide support for strategic scheduling and planning
documentation such as the Integrated Master Plan (IMP) and the
Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and develop and coordinate a
reporting framework for event-based activities during the work
* Develop, analyze, and maintain a master integrated program
schedule from concept exploration to fielding a system; employ
networking software tools and capabilities to support lower-tier
schedule networking, network status, generation of network
graphics, assignment of realistic durations and relationships to
network elements; evaluate proposed schedules against Government
schedules; assess Government program office schedules against
schedule databases; conduct probabilistic and deterministic risk
assessments on both employee and Government schedules by performing
a Schedule Risk Assessment (SRA) using Monte Carlo simulation-based
software; utilize various types of scheduling software
* Assist with the planning for program milestones and reviews.
* Perform analyses to support program strategy decisions and
courses of action.
* Provide a program assessment for integration of documentation to
ensure consistency with program strategy and consistency across all
* Provide inputs, draft, coordinate (with the appropriate Division
and other Government agencies), adjudicate comments, and produce
final versions of coordinated milestone documents and
* Develop and collect technical data and inputs for staff summary
packages to support coordination and signature of all associated
documents for milestone approval.
* Gather program information and conduct analyses as required by
the program managers and leadership.
* Assist in the effort to improve internal management processes by
recommending alternatives to management. Participate in process
improvement activities as members of, or advisors to, Integrated
Product Teams (IPTs) and Product/Process Improvement Working Groups
* Assist in translating user requirements documents such as the
Capability Development Document (CDD), Capability Production
Document (CPD), and Concept of Operations (CONOPS) into Request for
Proposal (RFP) documentation.
* Assist with developing and documenting recommended program
management inputs for PWSs, CDRLs, and other acquisition
documentation for assigned programs.
* Assist with leading/support activities to include, but not
limited to, planning meetings/off-sites, facilitating
meetings/off-sites, developing documents, and attending specialized
meetings, as required.
* Support activities shall include developing and disseminating the
agenda and slides, opening and setting up the conference room,
recording and disseminating action items via e-mail, and securing
the room after the meeting.
* Assist with writing, coordinating, staffing, and maintaining
program documentation, including but not limited to documentation
regarding requirements, cost, schedule, performance, risk, impacts,
and status of the program.
* Attend and support reviews, audits and working group meetings
including, but not limited to, Program Management Reviews (PMRs),
Preliminary Design Reviews (PDRs), Critical Design Reviews (CDRs),
TIMs, test planning working groups, and test readiness reviews.
Support duties may include computer set-up, slide forwarding,
documenting minutes/actions/decisions, and other duties as
* Assist with coordinating arrangements, agendas, and briefing
materials and record/track program action items and suspense for
events such as meetings, reviews, working groups, and audits. For
these events, coordination should occur with functional managers,
outside agencies, contractor personnel, and the program office
* Assist with collecting and preparing materials for staff meetings
and other programmatic meetings, as required by senior
* Provide assistance to the Government for assembling CPARS
* Provide advisory assistance and draft documentation support for
efforts to include, but not limited to, briefings, letters, and
planning/coordination support for meetings.
* Apply knowledge, experience, and best business practices to
provide DoD, USAF, and USSOCOM acquisition PM support,
demonstrating a familiarity with USSOCOM Directive 70-1 and current
acquisition processes, policies and procedures as they pertain to
programs up to and including ACAT 1D.
* Proficient in MS Office Tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
* Familiar with Lotus Notes/Forms, SharePoint, CCARS, SMART and
Portals (AF, SOF) in order to conduct research/ analyses and
prepare spreadsheets, briefings, figures, graphics, tables, forms,
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. Is An Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All Qualified Applicants
Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race,
Color, Religion, Sex, Pregnancy, National Origin, Disability,
Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity Or Expression, Marital Status,
Genetic Information, Protected Veteran Status, Or Other Factors
Protected By Federal, State, And/or Local Law. This Policy Applies
To All Terms And Conditions Of Employment
Keywords: Odyssey, Dayton , Sr. Acquisition Program Manager (SOF/41)*, Executive , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!