Strategic Account Manager
Company: The Hathaway Group
Posted on: January 9, 2021
The Hathaway Group - Columbus/Dayton/Cincinnati, OH Part-Time
Contract to Full-Time OpportunityThe Hathaway Group is a boutique
public outreach agency whose clients include restaurant and retail
brands, consumer packaged goods companies, and professional B2C
services firms across the mid-west.We are looking for an energetic,
creative, customer-focused project manager and content specialist
with 3-5 years of experience who understands how to encourage
engagement, execute projects, and grow revenue. This position will
start with 30-hours per week contract engagement to give us both a
chance to assess whether we're a good fit. In 120- to 150- days the
position is expected to convert to full-time (35-40 hours per week
+ benefits).Our work time and space is flexible depending on the
location of team members. Members of the team who are located 60+
miles from the company headquarters have the option of working from
home Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Tuesday is a mandatory in-office
day and will include staff meetings and one-to-ones. Thursday will
be an in-office day every week for client meetings and staff
collaboration on accounts. The company provides a secure, monitored
laptop for out-of-office use, reimbursement of business meals and
networking events, and a stipend for cell phone usage.Our office is
located in downtown Dayton, in a renovated historic building. Our
open office environment breeds conversation and collaboration. We
offer free off-street parking in back our building, and we are
convenient to wonderfully diverse downtown restaurants and
events.For this position, we will require a minimum of 30 hours and
maximum of 35 per week, preferably scheduled between 9am and 2pm
with flexibility to increase hours as workloads and projects
increase. Commission is paid on those sales leads generated by
employees which become new accounts - however, this is NOT a sales
position.This new team member will participate in staff and client
meetings, develop processes, created the digital marketing
department, and will be encouraged and rewarded for bringing new
customers. We are looking for someone who will be a strong,
long-term addition to our team and client partnerships.DESIRED
- At least three years of experience in a professional
copywriting, project or content management position.
- At least 2 years of experience executing or creating signature
events designed to enhance public perception of the brand or
encourage donor/buying behaviors.
- At least three years of experience in proofreading, editing,
revising and enhancing client copy and marketing content for use in
client marketing materials, on websites, and in digital marketing
- A minimum of three years experience working with commonly used
website content management systems, in particular WordPress.
- Knowledge of basic HTML and CSS principles is not required but
is a bonus if available.
- Mastery of content management systems used by our team to
upload text, photo, video and other files to client sites.You will
have back-up and direction from others on the team. It is
imperative that you possess ability to self-motivate, create and
modify processes to ensure they are easy to follow and logical, be
creative, problem-solve, and research options as necessary to
ensure customer satisfaction and profitability.Employee
Expectations & Responsibilities - General
- A key member of project teams, often supporting multiple
projects at once.
- Thinks creatively and collaborates with cross-functional teams
to execute client projects.
- Interfaces with clients and team to develop project-specific
timelines, monitor progress, and adjust items and deliverables as
- Applies established workflows and best practices to ensure
quality and timely completion of account service deliverables.
- Proactively identifies potential project-related risk and
collaborates with team to understand and mitigate risks.
- Identifies areas of improvement related to internal operating
needs and collaborates to identify solutions.
- Regular meetings with the president of the company to define
initiatives and review current projects' status, deliverables and
- Creative Ideation and Program Definition
- Communication and coordination with third-party vendors who may
be working collaboratively on projects.
- Reporting on client projects and achievements monthly. Reports
occur at a pre-determined frequency using an in-house reporting
tool in conjunction with appropriate analytics tools.Employee
Expectations & Responsibilities - SPECIFICStrategic Communication
- Aid in the development of Strategic Communication Plans
including Digital & Social Media Plans, Event Execution, and
- Execution of the strategic communication plans for each client
- to include all parts of the strategy.
- Employee will be involved in directing and ensuring proper use
of voice and messaging for the client.Relationship Management
- Execution of Marketing Campaigns & PR Efforts
- Continuous content and campaign research to support client
marketing goals via:
- social media
- email marketing
- media outreach
- digital/website content
- strategic events strategy
- Review, analysis, and extrapolation/explanation of collected
digital analytics (Google/Constant Contact/MailChimp and others)
for use in current and future projects
- Consultation with clients regarding campaign performance or
specific initiatives clients wish to pursue (may result in the
marketing manager taking initiative to execute the request or may
require team discussion)
- Content creation for the writing of social media content, blog
posts, articles, emails, and other marketing copy.Hiring Process:
- We will do a first step interview by phone to get more detail
on your interests and skills. You can ask us a lot of questions to
confirm you're still interested.
- At the second step, we'll meet in person and we'll provide you
with a brief, straightforward test that assesses your skills (our
clients depend on us for this).
- We'll complete our candidate interviews and notify you promptly
about our next steps.
- To get started, please provide a resume, description of your
background, why this position would be ideal for you and 5 samples
of your work. Suitable ways to offer these items include:
- link to an online portfolio
- links to work that can be seen online
- via email to email@example.com
Keywords: The Hathaway Group, Dayton , Strategic Account Manager, Executive , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!