Mortgage Manager (Mortgage Loan Originator)
Company: Civista Bank
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Civista Bank Description:
Position Purpose: Originates first mortgage loans, promotes the
bank and its lending services to the real estate community referral
partners and helps to identify and serve the community's financial
needs through home loan counseling, real estate agent seminars and
sales meetings, and by participating in and promoting the bank's
community activities. This position requires the Mortgage Manager
to travel to meet customers and prospective customers at various
locations. Key Accountabilities, Responsibilities and
- Travel to meet and solicits first mortgage and home equity
loans through referral partners such as realtor, builders,
financial planner, insurance agents and attorneys, as well as
through community activities and organizations.
- Majority of time is to be spent meeting with customers and
prospective customers at various locations.
- Informs prospective clients of the bank's underwriting
guidelines and applicable government regulations.
- Personally interviews all loan applicants.
- Completes each loan application and all pre-processing
functions to include but not limited to obtaining all necessary
documentation from prospective clients as determined by bank policy
and underwriting guidelines.
- Screens loan requests based on bank policies and on types of
loans offered by the institution.
- Proposes and reviews various loan options with prospective
- Researches new legislation and regulations that may affect the
bank's residential lending policies. Ensures compliance with new
rules by advising senior management and implementing appropriate
- Personally answers incoming phone calls and schedules
appointments. Also travels throughout the local community visiting
established or prospective business partner referrals and attends
industry functions and community activities to promote the bank's
- Communicates complex approvals or denials to the borrower, real
estate agent or builder.
- Maintains and submits a source-of-business sales call log
weekly to V.P. of Sales.
- Distributes market data, rate flyers and general loan
information to the real estate community as directed by bank
- Promotes and participates in the bank's special credit programs
and other CRA programs.
- Actively participates in local business and community
activities and maintains close contact with local builders, real
estate brokers and agents, customers and prospects.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- One to two years in a financial institution or loan office
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Finance or three years
equivalent work experience.
- Above average knowledge of banking industry practices,
policies, regulations and laws as it pertains to the
consumer/mortgage lending area.
- Solid working knowledge of bank compliance requirements, as
well as knowledge and adherence to Fair Lending laws and
regulations. Solid computer literacy (Word, Excel) with accurate
data entry skills; proficient knowledge of working with spreadsheet
and creating formulas. Ability to become proficient in use of
specific software required for position.
- A high level of initiative, thoroughness, accuracy and
organizational skills required.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
- High level of confidentiality required.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities/projects with varied
deadlines. Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision: Equal
Opportunity Employer EEOC M/F/D/V This Position Description is not
a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising
this position. Nothing in this job description restricts
management's right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this position at any time. PI182411974
Keywords: Civista Bank, Dayton , Mortgage Manager (Mortgage Loan Originator), Executive , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!