Director of Nursing (DON)
Company: Social Row Transitional Care
Posted on: August 6, 2022
General Description:The primary purpose of your job position is
to plan, organize, develop and direct the overall operation of the
nursing department in accordance with current federal, state and
local standards, guidelines and regulations, our established
policies and procedures and directed by the administrator. You will
assure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all
times. In the absence of the medical director, you are charged with
carrying out the resident care policies established by this
facility. Every effort has been made to identify the essential
functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies
that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The
omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them
from the position if the work is similar, related or is an
essential function of the position.Essential Functions:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate and direct the
nursing service department as well as its programs and activities
in accordance with current rules, regulations and guidelines that
govern the long term care facility.
- Assist in the development and implementation of department
policies and procedures.
- Keep current of federal and state regulations as well as
professional standards and make recommendations changes in policies
- Develop and implement a nursing service organization
- Determine the staffing needs of the nursing service department
necessary to meet the needs of the residents and recommend the
number and level of nursing personnel to be
- Works in office areas as well as throughout the facility and
outside the facility.
- Is subject to call back during emergency conditions, severe
weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.
- Is involved with residents, family members, personnel,
visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a nursing degree from an accredited
college or university, or school of nursing.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered active license to practice
as a registered nurse in the state of Ohio.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Must be calm and levelheaded in emergencies.
- Must have personal integrity, flexibility and the ability to
work effectively with residents, personnel and support
- Must possess normal visual acuity, clarity of speech and
conversation level hearing ability.
Keywords: Social Row Transitional Care, Dayton , Director of Nursing (DON), Executive , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!