Company: Parker Hannifin
Posted on: August 6, 2022
The Dayton Quality Manager is responsible for the
implementation, maintenance, auditing (internal and external), and
continuous improvement activities of the location quality
management system and quality processes in a dynamic aerospace
environment of increasing customer expectations.
- Ensures compliance to customer quality requirements and Parker
LORD quality policies
- Proactively leads quality process improvement initiatives using
technical/statistical problem solving and prevention-oriented
quality principles and practices
- Responsible for product quality, including inspection/testing
processes and product acceptance
- Provide plans to achieve corporate goals and metrics through
Dayton plant strategies and objectives while providing support in
the development and accomplishment of higher-level goals.
- Provides direct leadership support for the Quality Team
including both exempt and non-exempt team members
- Collaborates directly with Division Quality, Sourcing,
Manufacturing, Engineering and Sales to assure first-time, on-time
product conformance to requirements at minimum quality cost
- Coordination of in-plant quality related training and operator
- Represents the Company during customer audits and quality
system audits, as well as through direct interactions with
customers and suppliers regarding product quality matters.
- Lead multi-disciplined continuous improvement projects and
teams focused on cost, scrap, rework, and first pass Quality
- Drives Zero Defects and Lean initiatives within the Dayton
- Accomplishes quality assurance objectives by monitoring,
reviewing, and enforcing policies and procedures
- Prepares Management Review by collecting, analyzing, and
summarizing information and trends
- All other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated process management/lean manufacturing/continuous
improvement experience as well as knowledge and experience with
quality system standards
- Competent with AS9100, ISO9000 and NADCAP requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge with PPAP core tools (PFMEA, QCP,
- Demonstrated ability to create, train, monitor, analyze and
implement improvements in SPC
- Demonstrated competence in various problem-solving
- Knowledge of metrology and inspection techniques
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
- Ability to lead teams and develop positive relationships with
coworkers, customers, suppliers, and auditors
- Approachable and able to effectively communicate advanced
quality concepts, plans, and technical data, internally and
externally at all levels.
- Detailed knowledge of manufacturing processes and related
process controls is required.
- Demonstrated competency and professionalism in interactions
with executive management, vendors, customers, and team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Minimum 5 - 8 years of Quality related experience with
increasing responsibility in an aerospace manufacturing
- Demonstrated Quality leadership in a manufacturing
- Auditing experience with AS9100, NADCAP or related
- Solid working knowledge of mechanical processes utilized in the
manufacture of metal/rubber products.
- Experience with SAP
- Lean Manufacturing
- FAA experience
- Black Belt
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Sciences
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and
control technologies. For more than a century the company has been
enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow.
Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for
all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based
upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin,
disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status,
or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship,
Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for
certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export
("Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal
If you would like more information about Equal Employment
Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to
In accordance with Parker's policies and applicable state laws,
Parker provides for a drug-free workplace. Therefore, all
applicants seeking employment with Parker will be subject to drug
testing as a condition of employment.
Keywords: Parker Hannifin, Dayton , Quality Manager, Executive , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!