Product / Program Management Co-op (Spring 2023 Semester - January Start)
Company: Emerson Electric Co.
Posted on: September 23, 2022
What to Expect in our Co-op Program:
Expand your technical and professional skills in a real-world
setting. Emerson co-ops are given meaningful work, support, and
mentorship from experienced managers and key business leaders.
There is the potential to gain knowledge and experience in a
variety of ways by exploring opportunities associated with your
major and rotating through multiple departments.
What We Offer:
* Competitive compensation, flexible dress code policy, and paid
* Housing stipends for eligible students and a list of nearby
housing options for relocation
* Access to our newly renovated fitness center, workout classes,
and wellness program
* Event opportunities through our social and professional
development co-op committees
Our co-ops are a key talent pipeline for full-time employment
opportunities after graduation at our many locations.
If you are a student looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson
has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Sidney, Ohio
location, you will collaborate with Product / Program Managers and
Engineering Change Coordinators in a supportive role. Your work
will require collaboration with Sales, Marketing, Procurement,
Operations, and Engineering to assist Product / Program Managers in
defining the vision and strategy for the Refrigeration division
product lines. You will support the Product / Program Managers &
Engineering Change Coordinators in developing and executing
business plans to successfully grow and maintain the Refrigeration
Division product lines.
AS A PRODUCT/PROGRAM MANAGEMENT CO-OP, YOU WILL:
* Support new product development programs, assisting in the new
product phase/gate process by working in collaboration with
cross-functional teams. Generally, assisting product/program
management, under the direction of the applicable Product/Program
Manager, in the overseeing of the execution of the overall business
* Help under the direction of the applicable Product/Program
Manager to improve and implement internal process improvement,
refinement, and optimization initiatives.
* Support Product/Program Management by working with Sales,
Marketing, and Engineering to assist in defining the vision and
strategy for the Refrigeration division product lines.
* Work in a supportive role, and under the direction of
product/program management, with marketing, sales, operations,
suppliers, and other functions to understand their needs and
concerns as they relate to the Refrigeration division product
* Assist in gathering the information needed, to present progress
updates both internally and externally to the upper management, the
sales force and customers.
* Assist in gathering business intelligence on competition, their
products, strategies, and tactics. Supporting Product Planning in
the development of plans to win.
* Support Product/Program Management in the facilitative &
collaborative efforts working with various functions globally to
ensure leading edge technology and speed to market by leveraging
* Support other Refrigeration NPD programs as needed such as
Alternative Refrigerants, Electronics, Scroll, etc.
WHO YOU ARE:
You try different solutions for problems and learn from the
results. You stay aligned with your goals and stay productive. You
focus on creating an effective collaborative style. You prepare
content for communication that is impactful.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
* Undergraduate student currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in
Business or Engineering
* Ability to work 40 hours/week during the scheduled term
* Basic project management and leadership skills
* Basic financial understanding and analysis capability
* Strong communication skills, both oral and written
* Proficient with Microsoft products including Excel, Project,
Outlook, Word, etc.
* Excellent people skills to enable positive interaction with
staff, colleagues, and cross-functional teams
* A strong will to learn new methodologies, as well as the
willingness to bring a different perspective to light by providing
ideas & opinions where applicable and appropriate
* Legal authorization to work in the United States - Sponsorship
for this role will not be provided
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
* Undergraduate student currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in
Business Management, Leadership/Entrepreneurship, Mechanical or
Electrical Engineering, or Electromechanical Engineering
* Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
* Sophomore or higher class status
* Prior co-op or internship experience is a plus
Emerson places a high value on ensuring that employees have a good
work-life balance. We provide access to a competitive benefits
package, including the following: medical insurance, dental and
vision coverage, 401k participation with a competitive immediate
match, fitness center, holiday pay, and an online wellness rewards
program. Employee resource groups, including a very active
Diversity and Inclusion committee, ensure that the Emerson values
are incorporated into everyday employee life.
Why Work in the Greater Miami Valley Area?
With a low cost of living, the Greater Miami Valley is home to
growing communities. It is conveniently located a commutable
distance from the University of Dayton and Wright State University.
Located close to major cities such as Dayton, Columbus, Toledo, and
Cincinnati; There is always something to do in the area. Visit
sidneyalive.org/events and the other links to learn more about
About our Location
The newly renovated Sidney campus has 1M square feet of
manufacturing floor with an additional 120k square feet of
leading-edge lab facilities. This location is the headquarters for
the air conditioning and cold chain businesses. Through our 30
years of scroll compressor expertise, our air conditioning related
products help bring comfort and convenience in commercial,
industrial and residential spaces. The cold chain business helps
ensure that food safely and efficiently travels from farm to fork.
Approximately 1600 employees work in Sidney, who all support a
multitude of business functions. With the blend of businesses and
functions represented under this one roof, there are many
opportunities for advancement within the Sidney location.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people,
our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about
Keywords: Emerson Electric Co., Dayton , Product / Program Management Co-op (Spring 2023 Semester - January Start), Executive , Sidney, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!