Converted Paper Sourcing & Procurement Manager
Company: Pratt Industries
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The Paper Sourcing Procurement Manager is responsible for execution
of all phases of paper roll-stock sourcing procurement including
the identification and development of primary and secondary
suppliers. The Paper Sourcing Procurement Manager will alsooversee
and organize the ongoing supply operations of all converting
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Lead the organization in the Paper Sourcing, Procurement, and
Plant deployment of supply to support the national network of
Suppliers both internally (Pratt Mills) and external merchant
supply. This will include wound paper manufacturing, sheeted
packing paper and paper bag converting along with innovations for
growth. These products are converted into finished goods for
shelf-ready retail sales across our manufacturing distribution
locations and external customers.
- Know how in different paper board basis weights and Supplier
performance against product requirements optimizing the buy and the
plant manufacturing efficiencies.
- Continually assess paper trends and optimize the "best methods"
for margin enhancement in the buy.
- Innovation development support for growth products requiring
different treatments, coatings, and requirements for innovative new
- Participate and support the plant budgets and capacity plans
and implement systems to capture, analyze, and share the operations
key process indicators with team members and management personnel
in the area of roll stock supply.
- Determine what resources are required to successfully execute
the procurement plan in the paper manufacturing areas of the
- Participate in the innovation cycle to support new products or
methods of manufacturing to grow our portfolio or product
- Lead and direct the development and deployment of key
operational initiatives for paper roll-stock sourcing supporting
the manufacturing result.
- Set the standards, communicate, and achieve clear and
measurable expectations of performance for the paper sourcing with
the applicable internal customer plant locations.
- Provide direction, guidance, and feedback to ensure that
day-to-day goals are met.
- Develop relationships and interact with plant and production
managers and our sales team.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years in Supplier identification and
development of relationships related to roll-stock and paper
- Solid analytical communication and negotiation skills.
- Solid in-depth knowledge of converted paper manufacturing
applications (i.e. bags, wound flooring paper and other converted
- Proven track record in cost savings and margin enhancement
through constant network analysis and procurement with our Supplier
- Demonstrated skills working with others at a management level
in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent oral communication skills, including the ability to
train, motivate and mentor others.
- Proficient in MS Office (e.g. Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
Create Excel Purchasing trackers and provide analytical
- Must be a hands-on style of manager who is capable of dealing
with and analyzing significant details of the operation.
- Good record keeping and reporting skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills and applicable software
- Available to work other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university and five or
more years of related experience; or equivalent combination of
education and experience - a degree is preferred but not required.
Demonstrated track record of results is required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedural instructions.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
general public. Ability to negotiate paper pricing.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, rebates, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply
concepts of mathematics and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Employee is regularly required to walk and talk and hear, stand,
and sit. Vision requirements include: close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
functions of this job. The work environment requires that the
employee has the ability to drive a car and maintains a good
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to
moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the plant environment
is usually loud.
The individual must possess the following:
- Superior time management skills including the ability to manage
multiple issues concurrently and the ability to lead an effective
and efficient meeting.
- Teaching skills in order to function effectively as a teacher
for his personnel both in the sales and administrative parts of the
- Excellent crisis manager who demonstrates that he/she has a
high emotional control under adverse conditions and can lead
his/her personnel to a successful resolution.
- Excellent employee relations skills including being an active
listener, understanding how to appraise personnel, applying both
positive and corrective feedback, being able to resolve conflicts
either involving the supervisor directly or as a third party,
understands and demonstrates positive motivational skills including
coaching and delegation techniques.
- Demonstrated confidence including providing a consistent
leadership style with an acceptable level of professional
- Professional appearance to support his/her role as a managerial
The performance of the Sales Director will be measured as
- Operating standards - The employee will need to meet or exceed
the Operating Standards set in the area of sales and customer
relationships. Such standards will be set annually and communicated
to the manger.
- Personal growth - Each year there will be professional goals
developed and agreed to by the manager and supervisor.
- Employee relations - The employee will be evaluated regarding
his/her skills and advancements in the areas of motivational
techniques and results, positive and corrective/constructive
feedback, subordinate development and creating a positive work
- Creativity - This will be evaluated by how active the manger is
in participating in advancing the business through new and
Pratt Industries is America's 5th largest paper and packaging
company with more than 9,000 highly skilled green collar employees
dedicated to the environment and sustainability. Pratt Industries
is one of the largest corrugated packaging companies in America,
with sophisticated manufacturing facilities in more than twenty
states. The company operates several of the most modern, cost
effective paper mills in the country, as well as a series of sheet
and box plants strategically placed throughout the United States
offering a wide range of creative packaging solutions. Pratt
Industries is committed to recycling and the environment by
harvesting the urban forest.
Pratt Industries offers competitive compensation plans with
incentive opportunities, full benefits package including medical,
dental, vision, life, disability, All State, Pre-Paid Legal, and
401(k) with company match, paid vacation, paid holidays, and
childbearing and parental leave.
Pratt Industries provides equal employment opportunities to
applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, or disability.
Keywords: Pratt Industries, Dayton , Converted Paper Sourcing & Procurement Manager, Executive , Vandalia, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!