ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER-PT
Company: Family Dollar
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Req ID# 476629BRTitle ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER-PTCompany Family
DollarLocation of Position Dayton, OhioJob DescriptionGeneral
Summary :Work where you love to shop! Family Dollar is hiring in
your neighborhood. Avoid long commutes and set your own course to
success by applying today.We offer generous benefits, flexible work
schedules and the ability to work today and get paid tomorrow.As a
Family Dollar Assistant Store Manager you will be responsible for
providing exceptional service to our customers. A key priority
includes assisting the Store Manager in the daily operation of the
store. Under the direction of the Store Manager, you will also be
responsible for maintaining inventories, store appearance and
completing daily paperwork.Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Greets and assists customers in a positive, approachable
manner. Answers questions and resolves customer inquiries and
- Maintains a presence in the store by providing excellent
- Ensures a clean, well-stocked store for customers.
- At the direction of the Store Manager, supervises, trains, and
develops Store Associates on Family Dollar operating practices and
- Assists in unloading all merchandise from delivery truck,
organizes merchandise, and transfers merchandise from stockroom to
- Assists Store Manager in ordering merchandise and record
keeping to include payroll, scheduling and cash register deposits
- Supports Store Manager in loss prevention efforts.
- Assumes certain management responsibilities in absence of Store
- Follows all Company policies and procedures.Position
- Education : Prefer completion of high school or equivalent.
Ability to read, interpret and explain to other's operational
directives (e.g., merchandise schematics, etc).
- Experience : Prefer store management experience in retail,
grocery, or drug store environments.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to regularly lift up to 40 lbs.
(and occasionally, up to 55 lbs.) from floor level to above
shoulder height; must be able to meet demands of frequent walking,
standing, stooping, kneeling, climbing, pushing, pulling, and
repetitive lifting, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Availability : Ability to work flexible, full-time schedule to
include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Skills & Competencies: Customer Focus, Developing Potential,
Results Driven, Strong Organizational Skills, Communication Skills,
Problem Solving/Decision Making, Job Knowledge and Relationship
Management.We value our Associates' contributions to our success,
which drives us to invest in the most important element of our
organization: our people.As we work towards a healthier future, we
provide eligible associates with the following:Health and welfare
programs including medical, pharmacy, dental, and visionEmployee
Assistance ProgramPaid Time OffRetirement PlansEmployee Stock
Keywords: Family Dollar, Dayton , ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER-PT, Executive , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!