Company: Standard Aero
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Reports Directly To: General Manager, SBU or Vice President,
Strategic Business Unit
Reports Functionally To: Vice President, Engineering & Quality
Provides overall direction for the business unit quality function
through development, implementation and monitoring of policies and
procedures consistent with organizational requirements and
corporate standards. As a member of the business unit Strategic
Group, directs quality activities on the business unit in order to
improve the processes, procedures, methods and materials used in
the repair and overhaul processes while ensuring product quality is
maintained and striving for continuous improvements.
Direct Reports Include: Engineer, Quality Assurance; Inspector,
Chief (SBU); Analyst, Quality Assurance; Coordinator; Training &
Immune Specific Accountabilities
- Recognizes and understands flight/product safety critical parts
- Responsible for immediately reporting flight/product safety
- Participates in proactive risk analysis of flight/product safety
critical parts and processes.
- Recognizes and understands the Just Culture policy.
- Directs strategic business unit quality activities and resources
including supervision and training of personnel, representing
quality functions. Develops, implements and monitors business unit
quality policies and procedures consistent with company and
strategic business unit objectives.
- Continuously monitors quality data (warranty, product
rectification, customer satisfaction, etc.) for improvement
opportunities across the business unit. Leads the business unit
strategic group on the selection and management of improvement
- Develops and maintains an organizational structure on the
business unit staffed with qualified personnel for the performance
of quality activities.
- Manages the development and maintenance of methods and systems
for measuring the degree by which the business unit's quality
goals, objectives and standards are being met.
- Leads the business unit quality audit and corrective action
process by providing training, facilitation, recommendations and
leadership, as required to achieve optimal results.
- Interfaces with marketing, operations and engineering to
establish quality requirements on individual products and services
on the basis of customer needs, the fit, form and function of the
product, and to ensure that quality considerations are properly
addressed as early as possible in the product or process design
- Maintains currency on regulatory requirements and quality
- Seeks new quality methodologies for implementation in support of
business unit strategic initiatives.
- Exercises authority in hiring, training, career development,
performance appraisal, salary adjustments, promotion, discipline,
health, safety and the general employee relations of direct
- Actively participates in the appropriate management team(s),
assisting with the development and realization of strategic plans,
budgets, goals and outcomes.
- Carries out special projects as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of ISO 9000 quality system requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of Transport Canada airworthiness
certification requirements and other regulatory bodies.
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, leadership,
interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication
- Thorough knowledge of company instructions, company processes and
other internal procedures.
- Working knowledge of PC's in the current company operating system
- Working knowledge of production management computer systems.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) by a provincial
association of professional engineers.
- University degree in mechanical, industrial, or aerospace
engineering; or equivalent.
- Several years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing or
- Prior CFR Part 145 experience
The typical minimum level of education to perform this job
competently is equivalent to completion of a university (bachelor)
program in a specialized field of study and work. The work requires
a sound understanding of the underlying theoretical principles and
concepts associated with the subject area and an understanding of
the relation of these to the responsibilities of the job. This
specialized training is often recognized by a degree and/or
Directly/indirectly related work experience representing continuous
learning and required for someone to perform this job competently
is six to ten years.
Ongoing work assignments typically have clearly defined goals, but
no (or minimal) direction with respect to what action steps to
follow. The incumbent's education, training, and previous
experience will help ensure that the goal of the assignment can be
clearly defined and understood (even if that means just knowing
what relevant questions to ask), but the required/optional
approaches to achieving the goal will often remain unclear,
undefined and/or untested until the work assignment is well
Keywords: Standard Aero, Dayton , Director, Quality, Executive , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!