Behavioral Health Program Director
Company: Community Health Centers of Greater Dayton
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Careers At Community Health Centers of Greater Dayton Community
Health Centers of Greater Dayton (CHCGD) is a non-profit health
care organization created from a collaborative effort between
hospital systems and the local health department. CHCGD promotes a
family atmosphere and seeks individuals who have a passion for
providing quality patient care and customer service. We offer a
competitive salary with very good benefits. Our mission is to
improve the health of the underserved communities in Dayton and the
surrounding area by providing preventive and primary health care
services to patients, regardless of ability to pay. CHCGD prohibits
employment opportunity discrimination against a qualified
individual on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion,
national origin, or disability. Employment opportunities include,
but are not limited to, employee selection, promotion, training,
development, compensation, termination, and corrective action.
Community Health Centers of Greater Dayton (CHCGD) is a non-profit
health care organization whose mission is improving lives by
providing preventative and primary health care services to those in
need, regardless of ability to pay. We promote a family atmosphere
and are looking for individuals who share our passion for providing
quality patient care and excellent customer service. The Behavioral
Health Program Director supervises the behavioral health team,
coordinates behavioral health services and provides behavioral
health services to patients within an integrated behavioral health
care model. Principal Patient Care Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides consultative behavioral health services in accordance
with expected standards.
- Evaluates patients in a timely and courteous manner.
- Utilizes on-going assessment skills.
- Is a member of the multidisciplinary, primary care team and
communicates and interacts with all levels of staff, primary care
providers and patients.
- Refers patients with serious mental health conditions
necessitating inpatient or specialty care.
- Adheres to the standards and policies of the Organizational
Privacy/Security and Compliance Programs, including the duty to
comply with applicable laws and regulations (HIPAA, OSHA, OIG,
guidelines, and other State and Federal laws). Principal
Administrative Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes effective and appropriate use of integrated behavioral
- Has thorough knowledge of current trends in local, state and
federal programs in the behavioral healthcare field, including
substance use disorders.
- Assessment of need, planning, coordination and implementation
of behavioral health services.
- Supervises, coordinates, and participates in the performance
evaluation of behavioral health staff.
- Ensures that onsite training of psychology students is
conducted in accordance with affiliation agreement.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of policies and
procedures for the behavioral health services, including substance
use disorders and addiction treatment.
- Contributes to the training and proficiency of clinical
- Participates in the quality improvement program that will
assure that patients receive quality care in the office, using peer
review, medical record audits, and other mechanisms as
- Conducts BH team meetings on a regular basis. Attends
management and/or provider meetings on a regular basis. Attends
Center staff meetings as necessary.
- Maintains professional competence by pursuing opportunities for
continuous learning, attending continuing education offerings,
reading professional literature, and engaging in other activities,
which develop new knowledge and skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Required Skills or Abilities
- Demonstrated progressive advancement in
managerial/administrative position, particularly in the healthcare
field. Minimum three years managerial experience.
- Previous experience in dealing with substance use disorder and
- Evidence of mature judgment and leadership skills.
- Ability to effectively present information both orally and
written to administration, the public and/or Board of
- Ability to work as a team member.
- EMR experience required NextGen experience helpful.
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse group of people.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours as required by
- Must be able to travel to various centers as needed. Required
Knowledge, Experience or Licensure/Registration
- Psychologist, Licensed Independent Social Worker or any other
mental health professional who is a licensed independent
- Three years' supervisory or management experience required, 5+
- Current license to practice in the State of Ohio; current CPR
Keywords: Community Health Centers of Greater Dayton, Dayton , Behavioral Health Program Director, Healthcare , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!