Company: Reid Hospital & Health Care Services
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Under the direction of the Physician, Practice Manager and
Laboratory Director, this position assists the physician with
phlebotomy in the office. This individual works hand- in- hand with
the Physician to achieve quality outcomes for the patient.
* Prepare lab area for patient use by cleaning the room between
patients and ensuring that each room is stocked with the
* Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen collection,
handling and processing, test analytes reporting and maintaining
records of patient test results.
* Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing
samples are tested in the same manner as patient samples.
* Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all
quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations
and maintenance performed.
* Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures
whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established
acceptable levels of performance.
* Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test
performance or reporting of test results and either must correct
the problems or immediately notify the general supervisor, or
* Perform patient draws at the practice as instructed by the
Physician/Practice Manager and/or Laboratory Director.
* Perform CLIA waived lab tests, e.g. Strep Screen, Pregnancy,
Pro-time and Urinalysis, in accordance with needs of patient and as
directed by the Physician/Practice Manager and/or Laboratory
* Operates and calibrates laboratory equipment as directed.
* Maintains laboratory documentation in accordance with CLIA
standards and practice specific protocol.
* Daily prepare specimens to be analyzed by an outside lab by
packaging specimen appropriately, completing requisition form and
contacting testing facility as necessary.
* Tracks all labs sent offsite.
* Submits lab results to physician before contacting patient and
filing patient's chart.
* May schedule offsite diagnostic tests by providing the patient
with appropriate preparation instructions and making the
appointment by contacting the testing site.
* Records procedures ordered and tracks results.
* Orders supplies for lab area as needed and maintains adequate
supplies from referral labs.
* Disinfect lab area routinely.
* May perform front office duties and other duties as required.
* Performs all duties respectful of confidentiality and safety of
all patients, employees and Physicians. Adheres to established
quality principles and standards established by Reid Health
Physician Associates, Inc.
Successful completion of Reid Hospital orientation and competency
based skills appropriate through ongoing assessment of competence
and educational activities. Written evaluations are done on an
* Must maintain competence in BLS after initial training.
* A calm, pleasant professional demeanor is expected.
* Must have the ability to work cooperatively with all staff,
physicians and departments.
* Must be committed to Patient Satisfaction and Patient Safety.
Keywords: Reid Hospital & Health Care Services, Dayton , Phlebotomy Technician-RHPA, Healthcare , Richmond, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!