Credentialed Medical Assistant - Troy - Infusion Center - FT/First Shift
Company: Kettering Health Network
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Sign-on Bonus! Up to $3,000 available to eligible
applicantsKettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13 medical
centers and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest
Ohio. We are committed to transforming the health care experience
with high-quality care for every stage of life. Our
service-oriented mission is in action every day, whether it's by
providing care in our facilities, training the next generation of
health care professionals, or serving others through international
outreach. -Kettering Health Troy -
- Kettering Health Troy, formerly Troy Hospital, a three-story,
nearly 150,000-square-foot hospital using the latest technology and
offering several outpatient services. -
- Accredited by the American College of Emergency Physicians as a
Level 3 Geriatric Emergency Department in 2020.
- Services include cardiac testing, -emergency, intensive -care,
lab, imaging, surgery and a medical office building for physician
practices. - -
- 28 bed facility. - - **Possible Incentives for external CMAs
- Up to $3,000 Sign-on Bonus based on shift and experience
- Returning employees must not have been employed by Kettering
Health for the last 6 months prior to rehireResponsibilities:
-Under the supervision of the physician, APP and registered nurse:
- Assists in providing care and performing office functions.
- Give instructions to patients as instructed by
- Takes blood pressure, pulse, temperature and respiration.
- Assists patients any time need is apparent or as directed by
the nurse or physician(s).
- Assists with any procedures that have been taught through
formal training or by licensed nurse or physician(s).
- Assists in lab procedures under the supervision of physician(s)
and nurse and for which training has been given.
- Keeps medical records in accordance to procedures and
- Follows principles of medical ethics for medical
- Keep rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies.
- May be requested to substitute for other office personnel and
conduct responsibilities of receptionist/front desk.
- Any other assigned duties by physician(s), nurses or
manager.Qualifications: -Education Requirements: -
- Completion of an accredited program that meets nationally
accepted standards-certificate or degree in Medical Assisting or
Medical Office Management.
- BLS certification
- If employee's practice has issued AED, the employee is required
to obtain and maintain current BLS certification.
- Must either have six months of experience as a Medical
Assistant, OR, have graduated from an accredited MA or Medical
Office Management program that meets nationally accepted
- Within one year from date of hire, continued employment will
require successful attainment and retention of CCMA, CMA (AAMA) or
NCMA certification or RMA plus documented completion of a Medical
Assisting program through an accredited institution of higher
- Previous experience in a medical environment preferred
- Office practice knowledge required to include examination,
diagnostic and treatment room procedures, medical equipment and
instruments, common safety hazards and precautions,
- Patient, courteous and tactful
- Ability to communicate and relate well with office staff,
ancillary departments and the public
- Ability to follow direction, accept orders and perform
- Computer literate word processing, email, experience in
electronic medical records preferred
- Perform patient screening using established protocols
Keywords: Kettering Health Network, Dayton , Credentialed Medical Assistant - Troy - Infusion Center - FT/First Shift, Healthcare , Troy, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!