Company: Reid Health
Posted on: September 24, 2022
The Oncology Navigator are tasked with navigating the patients
through their cancer journey with the goal of breaking down
barriers and ensuring that key elements of quality care are
provided to each patient-elements such as education on treatment
options, access to clinical trials, care coordination, and
- Coordinates multiple aspects for the experience of cancer
patients being care for in the Reid Health System.
- The Nurse Navigator provides continuity of care providing a
seamless, coordinated process that supports the patient's need for
education, care coordination and psychosocial support across her
- The RN Navigator will work with service line leadership to
develop educational programs, formulates policies and procedures,
establishes goals, and engages in problem-solving activities.
- Must possess the maturity, ability and flexibility to deal
effectively with the constant changing situations encountered in
the complex health care environment and patients.
- Provides assessment and planning of the patient's care;
establishing and maintaining a plan of care across the continuum of
care in collaboration with patient, family, and health team members
including individualized interventions, goals, outcomes, and
education and modifying or continuing plan based on the patient
- Provides intervention, evaluation and follow-up to include:
implementing nursing and medical interventions using appropriate
resources, skills and knowledge; assisting in pre- and
post-procedural care; making appropriate referrals (genetics
counseling, financial, support groups, outreach, community
resources, etc.) and provides patient and family teaching to
facilitate desired patient outcomes; evaluating effects of care
provided and identifying changes in patient needs.
- Provides effective communication and documentation by
communicating and documenting interventions, patient responses
according to standards and referral information; utilizing
recognized organization communication standard; keeping abreast of
and complying with departmental and organizational changes and
events through reading appropriate communication and attending
clinic department meetings.
- Provides care coordination to include: scheduling of
appointments from additional diagnostic screening and procedures;
works in conjunction with multiple physician offices to coordinate
additional diagnostics, procedures/treatments and appropriate
- Provides patient and family education to include: identifying
patient and family teaching needs on procedures, tests, risks,
genetic risks, treatments and follow-up care; involving appropriate
family members in teaching; utilizing available education
- Provides one-on-one interaction and group education and support
for patients and families in the program.
- Performs general duties to include: maintaining a working
knowledge of infection control, risk management and emergency
preparedness plans; actively participating in performance
improvement initiatives; demonstrating knowledge of organization
and department goals, standards and operations; maintaining and
updating knowledge of and is responsive to the laws and regulations
which affect his/her practice.
- In conjunction with clinic leadership, provides outreach and
education to both outside medical groups and patients in the
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned.
Education Required: Bachelor of Science in Nursing required.
Education Preferred: Master's Degree in Nursing preferred.
Experience Required:At least 3 years clinical experience with
- Previous patient group teaching and education experience is
preferred. Licensure: Indiana Nursing License
Certifications:Must maintain competence in BLS after initial
training and certifications in appropriate field required
Schedule DetailsDay Shift. 40 hours weekly. Associated topics:
ambulatory, infusion, mhb, neonatal, nurse, nurse clinical, nurse
rn, psychatric, surgery, surgical
Keywords: Reid Health, Dayton , RN Navigator-Oncology, Healthcare , Richmond, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!