Part Time Mental Health Counselor
Company: BayMark Health Services
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Part Time Mental Health Counselor -The Mental Health Counselor
will be in charge with assisting patients through medically
assisting treatments and offering techniques for handling opioid
addiction. Counselor conducts sessions to assist with crisis
management and coping strategies. Counselor will evaluate patients
progress during counseling and collaborate with doctors, nurses and
other counselors to assist the patients achieving overall
- Counselor will evaluate patients progress during counseling and
in collaborate with doctors, nurses and other counselors to assist
the patients achieving overall outcome.
- Provide individual and group counseling services; direct
service hours at regularly scheduled intervals; coordinate all
services throughout treatment
- Facilitates, establishes and reviews with each patient the
initial treatment plan
- Completes Bio-psychosocial assessment.
- Develop aftercare plans and discharge plans
- Ensure efficient and effective delivery of counseling services
to all patientsin trauma informed manner
- Maintain confidentiality of records relating to patients
- Encourage patients to express their feelings and discuss what
is happening in their lives, helping them to develop insight into
themselves and their relationships.
- Counsel patients regarding personal issues.
- Collect information about patients through interviews,
observations, or tests.
- Guide patients in the development of skills or strategies for
effectively dealing with their problems.
- Perform crisis intervention with patients.
- Develop and implement treatment plans based on clinical
experience and knowledge.
- Evaluate clients' physical or mental condition, based on review
of client information.
- Modify treatment activities or approaches as needed to comply
with changes in clients' status.
- Meet with families or other interested parties to exchange
necessary information during the treatment.
- Confer with family members to discuss patient treatment plans
or progress (with proper ROI).
- Collaborate with other professionals to assess patient needs or
plan treatments (with proper ROI).
- Collaborate with other staff members to perform clinical
assessments or develop treatment plans.
- Counsel family members to assist them in understanding, dealing
with, or supporting clients or patients.Qualifications
- Must possess an Ohio LCDC II, LCDC III, Or LICDC
- Previous experience working with chemically dependent
individuals is preferred
- Must demonstrate a positive, non-judgmental, and accepting
attitude toward our patient population
- Understanding of an EMR system (electronic medical
- Satisfactory drug screen and criminal background
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental,
vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Excellent growth and development opportunities through our
counselor career path
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to impact individuals
lifeCOVID-19 considerations:Everyone will be asked to be in
compliance with the most recent COVID guidelines from CDC, State,
County and City.Here is what you can expect from us:Mahajan
Therapeutics, a progressive mental health and substance abuse
treatment organization that is committed to the highest quality of
patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our
ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental
aspects of each of our patients so they can achieve long-term
mental health and recovery goals and an improved quality of
life.Mahajan Therapeuticsis committed to Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and
local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of
race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender,
pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic
disposition, disability or veterans status or any other
classification protected by State/Federal laws.
Keywords: BayMark Health Services, Dayton , Part Time Mental Health Counselor, Healthcare , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...