HLS Lab Support Assistant- Part Time
Company: Community Blood Center / Community Tissue Services
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Solvita comes from "sol" meaning sun and "vita" meaning life. As
sunlight nurtures new life, we take the donor gift and transform it
into a new hope, bringing the light of healing to patients in our
local hospitals through blood donations and to patients around the
globe in need of tissue transplants.
Because we believe that everyone deserves more time to live life to
The HLS Lab Support Assistant:
- Assists in hospital communications, including area meeting and
- Reviews, tracks, and coordinates shipments, billing, and
documentation for HS, CL, MIC, HLA, REF, and MOLE.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of Reference Lab, HLA, and
- Performs data entry, creates and updates charts for various
quality and operational indicators.
- Performs computer entry/types reports, memos, policies,
procedures, letters, forms, regulatory/accreditation documents and
any other correspondence as requested. Copies/faxes materials as
- Answers telephone, routes calls, schedules appointments, and
records messages for staff as necessary.
- Schedules and sets up meeting rooms. Coordinates catering of
meetings. Prepares agendas and records minutes for select
- Ensures all errors are appropriately documented.
- Maintains regulated operations in keeping with all applicable
standards of accreditation and all regulatory requirements.
- Assists in development, implementation and management of all
relevant policies, procedures and related documents as needed for
the uniformity and quality of operations and in keeping with
current Good Manufacturing and Tissue Practices (cGMP/cGTP) and all
other applicable regulations and standards.
- Assists in development and performance of training. Performs
training on the Document Control process.
- Assists in budget development and ongoing monitoring of
- Performs other duties as assigned. Those that display
conscientiousness, personal accountability, dependability, team
work, a safety mindset, and kindness are encouraged to apply!
- A highly competitive benefits package including medical,
dental, vision, life and supplemental insurance
- 401(k) with employer contribution and match
- Generous paid time off (PTO) - up to 5 weeks in your first
- Opportunities to participate in recreational activities such as
Battle of the Businesses, special events such as Kings Island Day,
Dayton Air Show and opportunities to give back. Opportunities to
join various employee committees Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of all
- Must be guided by the highest level of integrity and
- Must be able to achieve a competency score of Intermediate on
Word, Excel, and Access programs.
- Previous experience in a highly detail-oriented position Work
Environment and Physical Activities:
- Must be able to meet the required physical demands with or
without reasonable accommodation. About Solvita
- We began in Dayton in 1964 as the region's first centralized
blood bank. Solvita collects and provides all blood products for
hospitals in our 15-county region and beyond.
- The tissue bank was born in 1986 and is now one of the nation's
largest tissue banks. Solvita recovers, processes, and distributes
human tissue grafts and is the nation's largest non-profit provider
of skin grafts for burn patients. Solvita is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran
status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by
Drug Free Workplace
- Job Family ADMINISTRATIVE
- Job Function ADMIN_BLOOD
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
Keywords: Community Blood Center / Community Tissue Services, Dayton , HLS Lab Support Assistant- Part Time, Healthcare , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!