Registered Nurse - Internal Medicine
Company: Specialty Government Services
Posted on: December 8, 2018
Family Practice/Primary Care opening in Dayton, Ohio. This and other rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com Registered Nurse – Internal MedicineWright Patterson AFB – Dayton, OHM-F 7:30am-4:30pmQualifications:
- Successfully Graduated from a nationally accredited baccalaureate degree program in nursing
- Shall have and maintain an active, valid, unrestricted, current medical license
- The nurse shall have at least 24 months of experience within the last 48 months in a primary care clinic setting.
- Must have active BLS and ACLS certifications
- Must have experience with telephonic patient assessmentsType of Work:
- Strongly preferred working knowledge of the military heath care system including TRICARE health benefits.
- Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sourced and make appropriate clinical decisions.
- Coordinated patient care through a continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to the clinical care, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment facility. Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.
- Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the scope of practice and skill level of assigned personnel.
- Assesses patient needs Telephonically.
- Ability to recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to the benefit the patient/family and organization. Effectively uses appropriate communication format in addressing professional issues.
- Excellent oral communication skills for patient/family education and telephone triage of patients. Telephone and in-person assessments/evaluation includes the determination of optimal time and location for patient management (ER, clinic, homecare) and follow-up care as required. Prescribes and communicates treatment plans and patient teaching in accordance with established protocols. Collects and assesses significant patient history information and performs all necessary patient teaching.
- Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity, including telephone contacts, in accordance with requirements.
- Makes referral appointments and arranges specialty care as appropriate.
- Skill in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other clinic specific equipment.
- Performs/assists with procedures such as bladder catheterizations, administration of oxygen, visual acuity tests, EKGs, irrigation of eyes and ears, tympanograms, splinting, phlebotomy and other clinic specific procedures, in accordance with established protocols.
- Ensures for proper documentation of procedures and treatments.
- Ensures all equipment is properly cleaned and stored at the end of each work shift. Ensures preventive maintenance and routine cleaning performed as directed. Ensures medication/supplied are replenished.
- Participated in the orientation and training of newly assigned personnel, as appropriate.
- May require to work various shifts or augment clinical nursing support during the absence of other team nurses due to illness, leave or deployment.
- Ensures a safe work environment, employee safe work habits and patient safety IAW regulatory agencies, infections control policies, and process improvement initiatives.
Keywords: Specialty Government Services, Dayton , Registered Nurse - Internal Medicine, Healthcare , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!