Registered Nurse (RN) - Hemodialysis (RN #)
Company: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES
Posted on: March 17, 2019
Registered Nurse (RN) - Hemodialysis Manager job in Dayton, Ohio.
The job is within the military medical system and is a civilian position. Civilian and military personnel work together in the extensive military medical system. The hospitals and medical clinics provide services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Fantastic PTO accrual rate
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans) Registered Nurse (RN) - Hemodialysis Manager Job Overview:
- Operates and monitors hemodialysis machines and portable reverse osmosis machines and other specialized medical equipment such as IV infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring devices,
- EKG units, ambulatory blood pressure monitoring devices, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other unit specific equipment.
- Performs, initiates, monitors, and terminates dialysis treatments (as needed).
- Receives reports from other health care members on the physical and emotional status of each patient as necessary.
- Ensures all physician's orders are executed as written.
- Communicates accurate and pertinent patient information to the responsible physician (in a timely manner).
- Communicates accurate and pertinent patient, staff, and operational information to the Director of Nephrology Services and Nephrology staff (in a timely manner).
- Implements nursing interventions to prevent complications, decreasing the need for hospitalization.
- Must be able to calculate simple mathematical equation.
- Performs or assists with the performance of specialized testing /procedures including EKG's, ambulatory B/P monitoring, periodic HD adequacy testing, Kidney Biopsies, and other nephrology testing as necessary. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (as required).
- Perform a full range of nursing duties as the Hemodialysis Manager
- Coordinate patient care in collaboration with a wide array of healthcare professionals.
- Facilitate the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to clinical care, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established procedures.
- Administer medications, wound care, and numerous other personalized interventions.
- Direct and supervise care provide by other healthcare professionals.
- Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the scope of practice and skill level of assigned personnel.
- Recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
- Communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization.
- Make referral appointments and arrange specialty care as appropriate.
- Conduct research in support of improved practice and patient outcomes. Registered Nurse (RN) - Hemodialysis Manager Job Qualifications:
- BSN - highly preferred
- Graduate from a NLN or AACN accredited college or university
- RN license: active, current, unrestricted. Any U.S. state.
- Certified Hemodialysis Nurse (CHN) or Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN) within 9 months of hiring
- BLS for Healthcare Providers by the AHA
- 36 months within the past 5 years of hands-on patient care in a Hemodialysis Unit clinical setting
- Knowledge of professional care theories, principles, practices and procedures to perform nursing assignments of critically ill patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development, and pathophysiology of disease processes specific to the Nephrology population; a wide range of medical disorders and conditions for nephrology and hemodialysis patients; preventative health schedules, procedures, processes, and education models; a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations are required, administrative requirements for proper documentation of patient's condition including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of water purification standards to ensure unit complies with AAMI guidelines. Position contingent on contract award for 4/2019 start. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
Keyphrases: dialysis nursing jobs, dialysis nurse jobs, kidney dialysis jobs, dialysis tech jobs, dialysis technician jobs, renal dialysis jobs
Keywords: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES, Dayton , Registered Nurse (RN) - Hemodialysis (RN #), Healthcare , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!