Tissue Processing Supervisor-2nd Shift
Company: Axogen Inc
Posted on: October 15, 2020
Axogen is committed to building and maintaining a strong and
gratifying company culture that fosters a work-life balance and
professional growth. Our hands-on and personal approach makes
transitioning to a new job a seamless and enjoyable process. Most
benefits are effective on day one!
Axogen is the leading company revolutionizing the science of nerve
repair. We are passionate about helping to restore function and
quality of life to patients with physical damage or discontinuity
to peripheral nerves.
Contribute to positively impacting lives while working for a
company that respects, recognizes, and values all team members!
Axogen is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate
against applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion,
ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or
Why you ll love working at Axogen:
* Friendly, open, and fun team culture that values unique
* Company-wide dedication to profoundly impacting patients
* Comprehensive, high-quality benefits package effective on date of
* Educational assistance available for all employees
* Matching 401(k) retirement plan
* Flexible working hours
* Paid holidays, including floating holidays, to be used at your
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Referral incentive program
If you want to see how you can impact lives at Axogen, take a look
at these inspiring patient stories:
Axogen is hiring for a 2nd Shift Tissue Processing Supervisor in
Job Summary of the Tissue Processing Supervisor
The Tissue Processing Supervisor is responsible for keeping
staffing and other resources (e.g. supplies and processing
equipment) at proper levels and ensuring the priorities of the day
are communicated to Lead Processing Technicians across all shifts
and above to management and engineering support. He/She will be
actively involved the Dayton Processing Center s personnel,
resource, and production planning (i.e. meetings, support and
weekly planning); will be responsible for new hire orientation,
onboarding and training; will provide additional tier of support
between Leads and Processing Technicians; provide additional
support to all staff for resolving conflict/issues/concerns;
maintain and exemplify an atmosphere of professionalism, respect,
and business conscientiousness throughout the facility; and be the
leading advocate, information source, and facilitator for special
projects and initiatives endorsed and assigned by the Tissue
Processing Manager and Axogen Corporation as a whole. In many ways,
the Tissue Processing Supervisor s job responsibilities will
overlap, to an extent, with those of individual shift Lead
Technicians. Additional differences may include daily priority
setting, resource allocation, processing planning, and personnel
readiness/training management. In the absence of the Tissue
Processing Manager, he/she will be the acting manager.
Requirements of the Tissue Processing Supervisor
* Must be able to work 2nd shift
* Associate's degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred
* Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience in a regulated
* Must have attention to detail
* Must have good problem-solving skills
* Must have proficient computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office
* Continuous improvement/Lean/Six Sigma experience a plus
* Must be able to cover call schedule, to include holidays, as
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions
* Biomedical manufacturing environment
* Requires the wearing of gloves for PPE during various
tasks/activities including but not limited to, gloves, masks and
* Occasional potential exposure to hazards such as chemicals, blood
or bodily fluids, communicable diseases, saw blades, needles or
other sharp objects, moving mechanical parts and latex
* Subject to at-risk human nerves, umbilical cords, and associated
hazards including biohazards.
* Restricted movements and attire, moderate temperature changes,
exposure to sharp instruments, cutting equipment and loud
* Perform repetitive tasks/motions.
* Frequently required to stand; walk; manual dexterity required to
use hands and fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and
arms above head
* May be required to sit for 2-4 hours or more debriding and
evaluating unprocessed and processed tissue
* Required to wear surgical magnification loupes for 2-4 hours or
more to evaluate tissue unprocessed and processed tissue
* Ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds on a regular basis and
occasionally up to 60 pounds.
* Manual dexterity required to grasp objects utilizing hand/finger
Responsibilities of the Tissue Processing Supervisor
The specific duties of the Tissue Processing Supervisor include but
are not limited to:
* Active involvement in processing planning, shift assignments and
* Tissue Processing Supervisor will follow and assist with
implementation of all endorsed directives, policies, initiatives,
and procedures established and noted by every tier beginning at the
corporate level within Axogen and extending to FDA and AATB
* Relay all new or revised policies, procedures and processes to
all shift Leads and Processing Technicians in a timely manner to
ensure they have the most up-to-date and current information
regarding operation/policy/procedural changes.
* Tissue Processing Supervisor will facilitate team operations via
the sharing and application of information and practical skills;
identification of team issues and viable resolutions.
* Resolve problems, issues and concerns at the lowest level
possible by establishing an effective communication exchange
between him/herself and all Processing Technicians at every tier.
This should occur initially when problems arise, no in concurrence
* Ensure appropriate coverage of work activities and processing
schedule is sustained across all shift with consideration for
breaks, lunches, absences, events, over-time participation etc.
This includes accountability for site responsibilities and
priorities during his/her own absences or the absence of shift Lead
* Coordinate individual technician placement to ensure proper
coverage in accordance with the needs of the processing center. The
Lead Processing Technician will coordinate the weekly site schedule
with/through the Tissue Processing Supervisor. The Tissue
Processing Supervisor is responsible organizing and arranging
* Identify, assign, and follow-up on work activities of
temporary/contractual employees to ensure they are performing
duties in accordance with established policies and procedures.
(i.e. safety and quality), with respect to expectations, and
consideration for constraints/restraints.
* Identify practices that are/are not working, make recommendations
to Lead Processing Technicians and Manufacturing Engineers to
sustain/correct and provide assistance and leadership to resolve
* Assess individual and team training and develop a plan of action
to eliminate gaps, discrepancies, and past due training.
* Function as a Lead Processing Technician and/or Processing Tech
II when necessary and carry out the duties and responsibilities
needed within the processing center.
* Ensure processing teams are knowledgeable about new, revised, and
old policies and procedures and the team s role(s) in the
completion, adherence, and execution of these policies and
* Serve as a resource and content expert to processing staff and
ancillary support staff of Axogen, providing the team with guidance
Keywords: Axogen Inc, Dayton , Tissue Processing Supervisor-2nd Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!