Company: Wood Glen Alzheimer's Community
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Wood Glen Alzheimer's Community , a member of the CommuniCare
Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Cook to join our
Part Time Hours: (12:30pm - 8:00pm) or (3:30p -
8:00p)PURPOSE/BELIEF STATEMENT:The position of Cook exists to
provide routine support in the Culinary Department. This position
must work effectively with team members in ensuring that work is
accomplished in a timely, effective, and safe manner. The position
must also manage the resources that are available to them in their
job.JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all aspects of food preparation and serving for
residents as required.
- Manage all functions of culinary preparation, execution, and
serving according to established menus and recipes.
- Maintain established meal times by having all items prepared on
- Maintain all necessary records and documentation.
- Label, date, cover, and store all food items properly.
- Control food and material waste.
- Have knowledge of and ensure compliance with all sanitary and
food preparation procedures.
- Record refrigerator and freezer temperatures and take
corrective action if temperatures are incorrect.
- Clean and monitor all kitchen and food preparation equipment to
ensure proper working order and quality.
- Ensure proper food preparation accuracy, timeliness,
presentation, and temperatures for all food items.
- Assist Culinary Director in assigned duties related to kitchen
- Create a clean, comfortable, and safe environment and ensure
that the highest quality of nutritional care is delivered.
- Maintain and work within established departmental, center, and
corporate policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement
program, and safety, environmental, and infection control
- Attend and participate in scheduled training, educational
classes, and orientation programs to maintain and enhance quality
- Perform other related activities as assigned or
requested.QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school graduate or G. E. D. equivalent.
- Technical training and prior food service experience,
preferably in a healthcare environment.
- Must be ServSafe certified.BenefitsAs a CommuniCare employee
you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer full time
employees a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans
to medical, dental, and vision coverage from quality benefit
carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible
Spending Accounts.About UsA family-owned company, we have grown to
become one of the nation's largest providers of post-acute care,
which includes skilled nursing rehabilitation centers, long-term
care centers, assisted living communities, independent
rehabilitation centers, and long-term acute care hospitals (LTACH).
Since 1984, we have provided superior, comprehensive management
services for the development and management of adult living
communities. We have a single job description at CommuniCare, "to
reach out with our hearts and touch the hearts of others." Through
this effort we create "Caring Communities" where staff, residents,
clients, and family members care for and about one another.COVID
Vaccines are available for CommuniCare employees. In conjunction
with our pharmacy partners , we are currently offering free COVID
vaccines to employees! You can protect yourself, your family, and
your community from COVID by getting vaccinated at no charge.
Keywords: Wood Glen Alzheimer's Community, Dayton , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!