Restaurant Management (Dayton - South)
Company: Frisch's Restaurants
Posted on: September 14, 2018
The Restaurant Manager (RM) is responsible for effectively managing his/her shift to contribute to the overall success of the restaurant and the alignment with Frisch's vision to be the "Best Place to Work, Eat, and Own". The RM is accountable for customer satisfaction, the financial performance, food safety, quality service, and safety and security during their shift. The RM must help reinforce the Frisch's culture on his/her shift by mentoring, coaching, and developing the hourly employees to help them be successful. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for fostering an environment designed to provide an outstanding internal (employee) and external customer experience. This includes ensuring all customers feel welcome and are given attentive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- The RM is accountable for the operational excellence of the restaurant during their shift. Responsible for ensuring product quality, production and service standards are met through direct supervision, coordination and delegation of key operational tasks.
- Oversee the food delivery process, verify orders and ensure product is stored according to policy and food safety standards.
- Responsible for ensuring cash controls are maintained by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Successfully promote and publicize the brand within guidelines established by the Marketing Dept. to grow sales and customer counts.
- Responsible for weekly submission of a proposed schedule for the team members on their shift to the GM for approval. Responsible for making sure the unit is appropriately staffed for their shift to best enable the team to provide an outstanding customer experience. Fill in where needed to ensure customer experience standards and efficient operations are met.
- Expected to assist the GM in making sure the unit is adequately staffed, can assist the GM with recruiting efforts and conducting initial preliminary interviews, and making recommendations related to hiring decisions.
- Responsible for continually providing leadership and guidance by role modeling how to deliver an outstanding customer experience, as well as, how to properly execute all standards within the restaurant. This includes providing the appropriate level of coaching throughout their shift. Expected to lead by example, by becoming the expert in all aspects of the restaurant.
- Train all employees to focus on exceeding customer expectations through execution of friendliness, courtesy, product quality, cleanliness and service standards.
- Expected to be knowledgeable of restaurant policies and procedures and correct any identifiable issues on the spot. Should additionally be knowledgeable about all policies related to personnel and be able to recommend disciplinary action as necessary to the GM.
- Expected to reinforce and follow up on policies and procedures to ensure a safe, efficient and professional environment for customers and employees, during their shift.
- Responsible for ensuring all food safety procedures are being executed and followed during their shift in accordance with company policy and health/sanitation regulations. Immediately correct any deficiencies while explaining and reinforcing proper procedures.
- Ensure building, grounds and all work areas are clean, well maintained and inviting to our customers at all times.
- Maintain safe working conditions by following all safety, security and maintenance policies and procedures. Report any equipment that is in need of repair or any safety concerns in a timely manner to the GM. Requirements:
- Associates degree and 6 months of operations experience in the restaurant industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Six months to one year of Frisch's experience preferred
- ServSafe Certified
- Must be able to speak English. Good communication skills and the ability to work well with others
- Ability to train, motivate, evaluate (written & verbal), coach, delegate, and supervise
- Ability to read, write and follow recipes accurately, as well as having strong math and organizational skills
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have access to reliable transportation
Ability to prioritize, handle stress and deal with irate customers in a calm professional manner Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Environment includes heavy customer contact, working with cooking equipment and slippery walking surfaces
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Good agility necessary to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Bending, reaching and climbing
- Good hearing, visual and speaking skills
- Must be able to walk in and out of refrigerated areas
- Must be able to work around steam, hot and cold foods and ice
Keywords: Frisch's Restaurants, Dayton , Restaurant Management (Dayton - South), Hospitality & Tourism , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!