Service Technician, Mobile Water Services
Company: Veolia North America
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Company DescriptionVeolia Water Technologies, Inc. is an industry
leader in providing water and wastewater solutions to industrial
and municipal customers. Our parent company, Veolia Environnement
(VE), is a global leader in optimized resource management. With
over 187,000 employees worldwide, the company designs and provides
water, waste and energy management solutions that contribute to the
sustainable development of communities and industries. Through its
three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop
access to resources, preserve available resources, and to replenish
them.Job DescriptionThis Field Service Specialistposition is
responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- As part of our "Ready to Go Assets' objective, responsible for
optimizing the utilization of the Process Water Mobile fleetand
operation at client sites of the Process Water mobile fleet (RO,
- This position will require communication through interfaces
with Veolia's business unit in Montreal, Canada (where part of the
mobile fleet is located) as well as the business unit in Dayton
- This position will have a workstation at our Dayton, Ohio
business unit (which is the main location of the fleet and SDI),
but will require 70% travel with an average trip length of 1 - 4
weeks. Some trips to Canada will be required to support the
mobilization of some assets depending on the location of our
- Natural evolution of this position will be to gain additional
operational supervisory responsibilities following the business and
fleet growth.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will be in charge of preparation of mobilization and
- Provide onsite process enhancements to deployed / operating
- Provide onsite adjustments to operating parameters of deployed
- Consult with customers on questions concerning equipment
erection requirements and protocol.
- Place equipment into operation and instruct users in use and
care of equipment.
- Investigate and correct malfunctions - repair and calibrate
- Inspect completed installations prior to placement of equipment
- Report problems and recommend improvements in design or
- When on customer project site, serve as liaison between
customers and Veolia Mobile Water Services office.
- Provide feedback to the engineering and project management
teams as required capturing field changes to the design.
- Ensure that all company, client and project policies,
procedures and standards are adhered to and interpret such
- Assist with the implementation and interpretation of safety
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Field Service
- At least five years experience in the water treatment equipment
service or closely related discipline is preferred.
- Technical Knowledge - fundamentals of mechanical engineering,
chemistry, physics and membrane technology experience.
- A.S. degree in Engineering preferred or compatible work
experience canbe substituted for degree.
- Must be organized, good mechanical aptitude, problem solver and
- Able to read mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Have experience with PLCs and control instrumentations.
- Computer literate, including proficiency with Google Suite
and/or MS Office programs.
- Common Use of stdd computer software( doc, calculation sheet,
- Agility and a quick response to new situations (logistical
problem, technical issue on an asset) with good communication
- Ability to train staff and for preparing procedures or training
- Work is performed independently with specific procedures and
guidelines to follow.
- Encouraged to find new innovative ways to become
- Valid driver's license and the ability to rent a car
- Ability to climb a ladder and perform elevated work and in a
- Ability to lift 60 lbs. (at least a heavy membrane, 60 lb. bag
of polymer/sand/pail of chemical).
- Ability to perform chemical cleanings as well as resin
regeneration following strictly the safety guidelines + wear the
appropriate PPE.Please apply and email your resume to
Brandon.Wallace1@veolia.comVeolia offers you a competitive
compensation and benefits package, along with a dynamic work
environment. We offer challenging projects and training to ensure
your success.Around the globe, Veolia helps cities and industries
to manage, optimize and make the most of their resources. The
company provides an array of solutions related to water, energy and
materials - with a focus on waste recovery - to promote the
transition toward a circular economy.EOE/AA-M/F/D/VAs an inclusive
company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal
consideration to all applications, without discrimination.
Keywords: Veolia North America, Dayton , Service Technician, Mobile Water Services, IT / Software / Systems , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!