Posted on: October 11, 2018
Leidos is rated in LinkedIn's top 40, and is rapidly climbing the Fortune 500. Unlike many companies in the defense industry, we offer challenging and meaningful problems, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals and growth.
We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our team in enhancing our live streaming video applications and services, which are in active use by our global customers. This opportunity could be located in Dayton, OH or Charlottesville, VA.
- Design, develop, and debug mission critical software source code.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle.
- Research and integrate new technologies into our development and production systems.
- Write and prototype API specifications for Test-Driven Development.
- Serve as technical lead for small projects and mentor other engineers.
- Work on the hardest open problems in live-streamed video.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and a minimum of 10 years of software engineering experience (experience may be considered in lieu of a degree)
- Strong proficiency using at least one high-level programming language (Java, C++, etc.)
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies
- Demonstrable problem solving skills
- Experience with Test-Driven Development.
- Familiarity with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Familiarity with NoSql databases (Apache Accumulo, MongoDB, etc.).
- Experience with Spring or video transcoding.
- Prior work or hobbyist projects with ffmpeg, libdash, or angular.js.
- Familiarity with video coding standards (MPEG-2, MPEG-2 TS, and H.264), MISB standards, and with other issues related to video processing such as video analytics, video profiles and file formats, and audio/video synchronization.
External Referral Eligible
Keywords: Leidos, Dayton , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!