Toolmaker 3rd shift
Posted on: May 24, 2020
Toolmaker - Die MaintenanceLocation: Dayton, Ohio
Under general supervision: knowledgeable and knows how to build
tools, dies, prototype parts, jogs, fixtures, and gauges to
specified designs. Maintains the tooling to produce a production
part within customer specification. Able to operate general shop
equipment such as mills, lathes, grinders, etc.Responsibilities
- Must participate in annual training to update and document job
related skills, including Core tool (SPC, MSA, and APQP & PFMEA) as
applicable to the position.
- Reviews and details assembly prints as required.
- Sets up and operates machine tools to machine details, grinds
details to specifications, and verifies detail's conformance to
- Computes dimensions and plans machining and assembly
- Assembles the job per the design.
- Sets up, tries out, and finalizes the job per specified design
and part print conformance.
- Has the knowledge and skills to review and troubleshoot the
tool during the production run.
- Identifies the problem areas and corrects the problem area so
production can continue.
- Examines tools and dies to determine what needs to be
sharpened, polished or repaired for the next production run.
- Must satisfy quality standards.
- Communicates ideas to improve the organization.
- Can clearly communicate orally and in writing.
- Regular attendance, starts work on time, works the scheduled
- High School Diploma or GED
- Vocational or Trade School Diploma preferred
- Must have print reading, shop math and machining skills
- Good mechanical dexterity
- Experienced in use of micrometers and calipers
- Two to five years' experience in die maintenance
- Good math skills
About usOerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear
strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions,
advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed
to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers
with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase
performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce
resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition,
Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186
locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining
growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to
increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion,
and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after
Oerlikon Friction Systems enhances surfaces that bring benefits to
customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies,
equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing
network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Friction Systems serves
industries such as automotive, industrial and other specialized
markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented,
international team! We have a great benefits package including
medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health
and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon
Friction Systems is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Friction Systems to provide
for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment
compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without
discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era
Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon
Friction Systems is committed to assuring equal employment
opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities
for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company
to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with
a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential
functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which
he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable
accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It
includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application
process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary
actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement,
classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you
require an accommodation during the application process or for
issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity
please contact Human Resources.
Keywords: Oerlikon, Dayton , Toolmaker 3rd shift, Other , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!