Nursing Care Assistant-RHPA
Company: Reid Hospital & Health Care Services
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Under the supervision and guidance of a Registered Nurse (RN)
the Nursing Care Assistant is responsible to provide daily services
involving basic care for patients, processing physicians' orders,
answering the telephone and intercom, performing a variety of
clerical duties and clinical tasks as well as other assigned unit
duties. Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills to
provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served.
- Processes physician's orders and records information with
accuracy, speed and proficiency.
- Uses computer and software programs with proficiency.
- Compiles charges.
- Uses accurate medical terminology.
- Calls physician for clarification of orders. (EXCEPTION:
medication, parenteral fluids, code status)
- Relays information to physician/physician office/other
- Schedules appointments.
- Follows Code Procedures.
- Properly operates unit communication equipment.
- Calls staff as directed.
- Transports patients.
- Initiates and maintains records and reports.
- Organizes and maintains medical record in accordance with
universal chart order, thins charts and prepares discharged medical
record for timely pickup.
- Initiates work orders.
- Post reports on charts.
- Independently proceeds with daily routine without delay.
- Strict adherence to Infection Control Policy with specific
emphasis on hand hygiene.
- Patient care responsibilities are assigned to the staff member
in accordance with the degree of supervision needed by the
individual and its' availability. "Patient needs" based assignments
are made in accordance with the complexity and dynamics of the
condition of each patient, age of patient, cultural, spiritual and
religious practices, emotional needs/barriers, desire and
motivation, physical and/or cognitive limitations, language
barriers and the type of technology employed in providing patient
Education Required: High school diploma or GED equivalent
Experience Preferred: Experience working in a health care
setting. One year ECF experience, CNA certification is preferred or
evidence of successful completion of Reid Health recognized Nursing
Assistant program or completed the fundamentals course of nursing
Day Shift. 24 hours weekly. 8:00a-4:30p
Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday CONNERSVILLE CARDIOLOGY ONLY
Keywords: Reid Hospital & Health Care Services, Dayton , Nursing Care Assistant-RHPA, Other , Richmond, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!