Materials Processing Technician 1
Company: Reid Hospital & Health Care Services
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Utilizes C.A.R.E. principles in all interactions with the
customers of the Materiel Processing Department. Processes sterile
and non-sterile supplies and equipment. Dispenses equipment, trays
and supplies as requested by the using departments. Maintains
proper medical supply stock levels on the stationary carts and
other par levels. Utilizes an on-line terminal to the mainframe
computer and a microcomputer with electronic data interchange,
database, spreadsheet and word processing capabilities.
- Decontaminates instruments, glassware, metalware, other
reusable supplies and equipment such as patient helpers, equipment,
- Prepares and sterilizes supplies, diagnostic and treatment
trays, equipment, needles and syringes according to prescribed
- Answers telephone and operates Surgery/Materiel Processing
Service Elevators, dispenses supplies and equipment as
- Assists in maintaining adequate supplies, sterile and
non-sterile, on hand by visual inspection and requisitions supplies
from Materiel Handling and Pharmacy. Fills and checks off Materiel
Handling order and stores items.
- Inspects and reports all instruments and equipment that are
broken or missing or malfunctioning.
- Assists in training new personnel.
- Checks sterile supplies to assure the integrity of the package
has not been compromised, rotates supplies and removes damaged
supplies from shelves.
- Inputs KCI information into the Microsoft Access file. Assures
that input of information is complete and accurate.
- Prepares packaged kits and trays and maintains at standard
- Responsible for basic aseptic technique and adherence to
Infection Control policies.
- Assists with product testing and equipment evaluation.
- Assists in the setting up of case carts and sending supplies to
Surgery if needed.
- Inventories and controls equipment. When needed, makes
equipment rounds of patient care areas to check on location of
equipment or to check proper function of equipment and proper use
- Makes scheduled rounds to pick up soiled equipment and supplies
from Patient Care areas, Laboratory, Emergency Department, MBCC
etc. and returns these to Decontamination Area.
- Performs morgue duties as outlined in the policies and
- Responds to security codes after proper training has been
- Transports C-Frames and stainless steel instrument carts to and
from Surgery as needed.
- Assists in the preparation of, cleaning of and safety checking
of equipment and supplies for the Home Medical Equipment and Home
- Appropriately logs information and is responsible for keeping
self up-to-date on procedure changes and information.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Evening shift. 40 hours weekly. 2:30p-11:00p.
Keywords: Reid Hospital & Health Care Services, Dayton , Materials Processing Technician 1, Other , Richmond, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!