Occupational Therapist Assistant - Skilled Nursing - PRN
Posted on: June 12, 2021
EncompassCare, a provider of home health, short- and long-term
medical and rehabilitation care, is seeking compassionate and
driven Occupational Therapist Assistants/COTAs to join our therapy
team in Brookville, OH.
EncompassCare provides therapy in geriatric healthcare settings
that produces measurable outcomes through therapy interventions to
truly make a difference in someone's life. We treat each individual
on the basis on his/her personal goals, medical conditions, and
targeted discharge environment to create a personalized care plan
to meet the needs of our residents and patients.
Along with our family focused culture and outstanding working
environment, we offer a competitive compensation package for PRN
Occupational Therapist Assistants/COTAs.
The Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant will implement
the plan of care as established by the OTR/L and the physician
upholding excellence with quality of care.
This is a PRN position with variable hours.
EncompassCare believes each employee makes a significant
contribution to the quality of life of our patients and the success
of the organization. Employee contributions are not limited by
assigned job responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is
designed to outline essential functions, qualifications and job
scope, but not limit the employee to the responsibilities
identified. It is EncompassCare's expectation that each individual
will be flexible in offering their services to ensure the highest
quality care to our residents and patients.
- Because EncompassCare exists to care for our patients, regular
attendance and punctuality are essential to provide quality
- Commitment to EncompassCare mission and values.
- Must be in good physical condition as the position requires the
ability to stand on one's feet throughout the day, as well as,
push, pull, move and/or lift repetitively a minimum of 10 pounds up
to greater than 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to complete performance requirements independently
while using good judgment as well as have the ability to
harmoniously work with others.
- Leadership ability to take action and achieve results through
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English
- Ensures a safe environment and utilizes tools and equipment in
a safe manner complying with all infection control, universal
precautions, and OSHA standards for the healthcare
- Reports all hazardous conditions including incidents, injuries,
and equipment to supervisor/appropriate personnel immediately.
- Responds to and acts appropriately in emergency or disaster
- Adheres to all policies of the company, including job
description, certification requirements, mission statement, HIPAA,
confidentiality standards, and patient rights.
- Adapts to changes in responsibilities in a positive manner, is
receptive to new ways of completing tasks, and is flexible in
carrying out assignments.
- Communicates effectively and professionally while maintaining
patient confidentiality when corresponding with patients, patients'
family, occupational therapist and other healthcare
- Performs and conducts work responsibilities and interactions in
an honest, ethical, and cooperative manner using effective judgment
and decision making.
- Knowledge of all Agency regulatory standards including
policies, procedures, and proper Home Health bag technique
- Identifies and communicates with supervising OTR the need for
reassessment of patients when necessary
- Provides treatment in accordance with established standards of
- Conducts individual OT treatments following the established POC
under the supervision of the Occupational Therapist
- Assists with the development of appropriate Home Exercise
Program to maintain and enhance the performance of the patient in
their own environment
- Demonstrates flexibility in visit scheduling and patient
- Documents measureable objective data related to patient's
function and accurately assesses patient's response to
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in planning and
implementation of patient therapy programs
- Communicates in a positive, clear, professional manner with
patients, families and other healthcare team members, especially
when providing education
- Attention to detail with the ability to work independently
- Attends and participates in scheduled training, education
classes and meetings as required
- Responds timely to patients, family members and other
healthcare team members
- Collaborates with other team members to meet the ongoing needs
of the patients
- Ability to adjust and adapt to changing
- Maintains a clean, safe work environment, including proper care
of Company provided equipment
- Follows EncompassCare policies and procedures regarding
timeliness of documentation, submission of payroll and
prescheduling of patient visits
Keywords: EncompassCare, Dayton , Occupational Therapist Assistant - Skilled Nursing - PRN, Other , Brookville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!