Clinical Social Worker
Company: Reid Hospital & Health Care Services
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Provides social work services including assessment,
intervention, and education to meet the psychosocial needs of
patients of any age, and/or their family / significant other. The
social worker will identify and provide therapeutic interventions
necessary to meet holistic needs, or make appropriate referrals.
This position may travel to Potential travel to clinic outreach
locations in Connersville, IN and Hagerstown, IN.
- Provides social work services to patients within the Oncology
Program using a combination of individual, family, group and
community work skills. Conducts a psychosocial assessment of
patients and provides services according to identified needs.
- Works as part of a multi-disciplinary team along with
physician, nursing staff, chaplain, and other health care
professionals and the patients and families in developing and
implementing an appropriate plan of care.
- Maintains contact with referring agencies and with community
resources used for referral.
- Maintains confidentiality and other ethical standards
consistent with NASW, hospital policy, and applicable laws.
Participates within the Oncology Program's Cancer Committe
Demonstrates principles of CARE Program (Courtesy, Attitude,
Respect, Enthusiasm) in all interactions with patients, families,
visitors, physicians, and fellow workers.
- Currently certified or eligible for certification in Indiana as
a licensed Social Worker (LSW) of Certified Clinical Social Worker
(LCSW or LMSW).
- LSW licensed or eligible for licensure in Ohio as a qualified
LSW (Licensed Social Worker).
- Experience and/or knowledge of health care service delivery
- Able to understand and communicate effectively in person and on
the telephone to all clients, caregivers and agencies. Speaks
clearly and have volume sufficient for hearing impaired.
- Willing to sit for AOSW certification exam.
- Has experience or is willing to learn aspects of support groups
an survivorship programs for Oncology program
- Has experience of is willing to learn needs of Oncology
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Personal skills, Aptitudes, and Qualities: Must maintain a high
degree of confidentiality, and handle situations in a diplomatic
and tactful manner. Must be able to function independently and as a
member of the team. Demonstrates initiative and leadership in
addressing patient needs, treatment and goals for both patient and
- Good communication skills are a must. Empathetic interest in
the psychosocial needs of the Oncology population. Must have
qualities of sensitivity, awareness and empathy and has awareness
of personal limitations.
Keywords: Reid Hospital & Health Care Services, Dayton , Clinical Social Worker, Other , Richmond, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!