Company: Reid Hospital & Health Care Services
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Clerk is responsible for processing physician's orders,
answering the telephone and intercom, performing a variety of
clerical duties, and processing registration information obtained
from patients or their representatives.
- Processes physician's orders and records information with
accuracy, speed and proficiency.
- Uses computer and software programs with proficiency.
- Compiles charges.
- Uses accurate medical terminology.
- Calls physician for clarification of orders. (EXCEPTION:
medication, parenteral fluids, Code status).
- Relays information to physician/physician office/other
- Schedules appointments.
- Follows Code procedures.
- Properly operates unit communication equipment.
- Interviews patients or their representatives while performing
bedside registration using a registration computer program.
- Accurately identifies patients.
- Demonstrates accuracy in online registration, use of web based
sites, and online insurance verification applications.
- Obtains and scans necessary signatures / documents for consent
- Arranges transport or transports patients to appropriate
- Initiates and maintains records and reports.
- Initiates work orders.
- Post reports on charts.
- Independently proceeds with daily routine without delay.
- Makes best use of time through careful coordination of tasks.
Adjusts work schedule as necessary in relation to day to day
requests with a positive attitude.
- Strict adherence to Infection Control Policy with specific
emphasis on hand hygiene.
- Meets, greets and directs patients / customers at the waiting
room reception desk.
- Arranges patient transfers to outside facilities/agencies
Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience Preferred: Experience working in a health care
Keywords: Reid Hospital & Health Care Services, Dayton , Emergency Clerk, Other , Richmond, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!