Personal Care Specialist (STNA)/Unit Coordinator
Company: The Hospice of Dayton
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Ohio's Hospice offers opportunity, advancement and a great
foundation for growth to energetic people looking to serve our
mission. Those who join our team are committed to providing
superior care and service so our patients and their families can
celebrate life. We provide our staff members with the resources and
support to contribute and make a difference in the lives of
patients and families every day. Come join a group of people that
are wildly passionate about taking care of our patients and each
As a member of our team, you'll have a chance to impact many
lives. You may find a deeper meaning in your work or rediscover why
you chose your profession in the first place. The passion you may
have been missing in previous workplaces can be found at Ohio's
Hospice of Miami County!
What You Should Know About the Personal Care Specialist & Unit
- This position is located at at our Inpatient Unit located in
Upper Valley Medical Center
- This is a full-time position: 12pm-10:30pm, with every other
- You must be a State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA)
The Personal Care Specialist & Unit Coordinator's Essential
Patients will receive quality health information communication
during their stay in the inpatient unit. The unit coordinator is
responsible for communications between staff and patients, and
facilitation of the admission and transfer process for patients
entering and leaving the facility and maintaining medical records.
The unit coordinator is committed to the philosophy, goals, and
objectives of Ohio's Hospice Inc. In addition to the unit
coordinator position the personal care specialist provides quality
nursing assistance to patients according to the plan of care
working under the direction of the RN.
- High school diploma or GED
- State Tested Nursing Assistant with State of Ohio without any
- One year certificate from college or technical school or three
to six months related experience and/or training or equivalent
combination of education and experience; including medical
terminology preferred with prior experience in a health care
- One year of experience preferred
- CHPNA certification required or after completion of required
hours for certification
- Computer skills/communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos
- Ability to effectively communicate information to customers,
clients, and other staff in the organization
- Able to deal with problems involving carried standardized
- Able to drive during daytime, nighttime or inclement
- Valid driver's license with safe driving record.
- State minimum automobile insurance coverage.
- Must possess an awareness of and sensitivity to cultural
diversity and the various socioeconomic levels of our patients,
families, and staff members.
Benefits & perks: Your health and happiness matters! We
- Competitive pay (we actually mean it!)
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term-disability
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Matching retirement plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Preparation for certification and pay incentive on hospice
- Scrubs provided
- Stipend toward purchase of career wear
- Mileage reimbursement
- Organizational preceptor to assist with orientation and ongoing
- Educational programs geared toward career advancement
- Career growth
- And much, much, more!
Ohio's Hospice complies with applicable Federal civil rights
laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Ohio's Hospice is proud to be platinum certified through
SAGECare, which provides training and consulting on LGBT aging
issues to service providers. Ohio's Hospice welcomes those in the
LGBT community to join our team.
Keywords: The Hospice of Dayton, Dayton , Personal Care Specialist (STNA)/Unit Coordinator, Other , Troy, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!