Hiring Now: Material Handler - 3rd Shift
Company: American Trim
Posted on: September 16, 2021
- Move parts in/out of rack system to support manufacturing and
record these move, in/out of rack locations in the computer
- Evaluate inventory accuracy of rack system daily to insure
entire system is physically inventoried each week.
- Evaluate supporting location to insure accuracy of inventory,
- Develop shipping manifests (i.e. bill of lading, packing
- Move departmental parts and maintain an adequate supply of raw
materials, corrugates, cargoes, and/or related items for production
areas to ensure continuous operations. Return unused/excess
materials to proper inventory locations and record movements in
- Move finished items from production area(s) to proper inventory
and/or shipping locations, and record movements in proper manner.
Load finished goods on trucks as required.
- Unload raw materials and other received items from trucks and
move to proper inventory or line locations, and record movement in
- Move scrap and waste materials (hazardous and non-hazardous) to
specified hold areas and/or load for transport.
- Perform and record daily preventive maintenance and checks on
lift truck, to include: necessary charging/fueling, lubrication,
safety checks, etc.
- Report out of service lift trucks to supervisor and lift truck
mechanic. Maintain all records as required, i.e. production
reports, scrap reporting, downtime records, quality measures,
maintenance work orders, Factivity, etc.
- Assist in setting dies and prestaging of job.
- Comply with safety standards: Job Safety Analysis (JSA),
Equipment Safety Analysis (ESA) and Area Safety Analysis
- Ensure that job is run in environmental compliance as per
instructions from supervisor/environmental group.
- Perform routine housekeeping in work area(s) as necessary.
- And other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Computer skills required (QAD).
- Good verbal and written skills.
License, Certification or Special
- Tow motor/lift truck license required/pass physical exam.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment and physical demands described here are
representative of those that an employee will encounter to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; sit; climb or balance; and stoop,
kneel, crouch, crawl; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and lift up to 50lbs on a
non-repetitive basis. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, and depth perception. The employee is regularly
exposed to work pressure of meeting deadlines and changing
schedules; including overtime.
The work environment is plant/warehouse subject to dirt, dust,
noise, vibrations, oils and some chemicals. Extreme
environmental temperatures at times. Occasionally wet and/or humid
and outside weather conditions.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn including but
not limited to: eyes, ear, foot and/or other protective devices as
Keywords: American Trim, Dayton , Hiring Now: Material Handler - 3rd Shift, Other , Sidney, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!