Hiring Now: Press Operator - 1st & 3rd Shift
Company: American Trim
Posted on: September 16, 2021
Responsible for the operation of the production work cell.
This includes die setting, safety, quality, productivity, and
customer service internal and external.
- Produce daily job assignment using WMS.
- Responsible for all set up, including loading of coil, leveler
adjustment, and die alignment for 90 to 600 ton press.
- Operate tow motor for die changeover, pre-staging of product,
- Be responsible for quality parts, dimensional plus visual.
- Ensure that job and set up is run according to Process Data
Sheets (PDS) and/or Documentation Management System (DMS)
- Follow all of the safety procedures: Job Safety Analysis (JSA),
Equipment Safety Analysis (ESA), and Area Safety Analysis
- Ensure that job is run in environmental compliance after
instructions from supervisor/environmental group.
- Communicate with shift supervisor, tooling engineers, quality
engineers and other work cell people on opposite shift concerning
production problems, quality and related information.
- Perform SPC in assigned areas.
- Monitor lube to prevent shearing of dies, part location, scrap
build up and observe and report problem areas in dies to
appropriate tooling personnel.
- Set dies in scheduled time frame to meet customer
- Organize tool and equipment to make die changes as efficient as
possible and make sure next job is pre-staged with dies and
- Be capable of running your own operation, responsibility for
all reporting (parts completion reports, downtime reports,
- Be able to align and secure top and bottom die sections, insure
the proper operation of safety operating devices and improvise dies
for special operations.
- Perform routine housekeeping in work area(s) as necessary.
- And other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience Required
- High school level reading and writing skills
- Mechanical aptitude, above average dexterity
- Tow motor/lift truck license required.
- Blueprint reading helpful
- Basic math — percentages, decimals (thousandths), addition,
- Knowledge of press, dies, and set up operations
- Oral and written communication skills
- Be experienced in production environment in meeting schedules
and rates and be able to change over dies in the standard
- Be able to lift 50 pounds on a non-repetitive basis
- Have the physical strength to slide dies across the bolster
- Exposure to lubes, oil and grease
- Weekly and weekend overtime required
- Accountability for quality/productivity and safety goals
- Requires standing, walking and/or moving about for periods of
time in excess of one (1) hour
- Requires some sort of repetitive turning and/or lifting motion
to be performed
- Perform position requirements while wearing eye, ear, foot
and/or other protective devices as required
Keywords: American Trim, Dayton , Hiring Now: Press Operator - 1st & 3rd Shift, Other , Sidney, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!