Posted on: October 13, 2021
This is Energizer
Energizer Holdings is leading the charge to connect our brands,
our people and the products we offer to the world more than anyone
else. Together, we’re creating a game plan for the future – one
that defines where and how we’ll play, and what it takes to
Our colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and
walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make
us one team. Whatever your specialty, you’ll find that excelling at
Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never
expected. We support flexible working arrangements wherever
Energizer’s R&D Auto Care team is seeking an experienced
product development engineer to develop and/or improve consumer
devices and mechanical systems for new or existing auto care
products. The position, based in Dayton, Ohio, is a part of
Energizer’s Research and Development Team and a key part of
delivering innovation to our customers. Energizer is a
customer-focused, innovation-oriented, fast growing consumer
packaged goods company. Energizer is passionate about making
time in the car more enjoyable with market-leading brands of car
air fresheners, cleaning, performance, and air conditioning
The position supports existing automotive brands including Armor
All, Eagle One, STP, Refresh Your Cat, Lexol, and A/C Pro by
developing new and enhanced products, improving existing products,
and supporting manufacturing. Areas of product support
include refrigerants, gauges, valves, dispensors, and
applicators. Specific accountabilities include:
- Lead new product development of electronic, mechanical and
refrigerant product systems (ie gauges, valves, dispensors,
applicators), working with internal cross functional team members
as well as external design agencies and suppliers in order to
deliver innovation to our brand.
- Contribute innovative ideas leading to the development and
application of new technologies and solving consumer application
- Lead product improvement projects to realize cost, quality,
performance, or supply benefits for existing products.
- Develop working prototypes for concept development
- Plan, execute, analyze and summarize plant trials working
closely with Manufacturing, engineering, and production technical
- Define and conduct development testing to ensure readiness for
production, distribution, customer and consumer fit for use
- Ensure product meets relevant national, international and
- Conduct engineering analysis using appropriate methods, such as
calculation, testing or FEA.
- Maintain accurate, complete and detailed records including
product data sheets
- Support technical organization as needed to resolve consumer or
production technical issues
- Mentor others and provide technical and project leadership, and
will be expected to participate in establishing Intellectual
Property related to assigned programs.
- Practice proper safety procedures, provide leadership to others
in key result areas, and participate in continuous improvement
activities, serving as a team member as required.
Required Skills and Experience
Preferred Skills and Experience
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering or closely related discipline
- 2 + years of applicable experience, preferably with related
industrial or consumer products
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsot Excel, CAD, and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Working Relationships & Environment
- Demonstrated performance for 5 + years of applicable experience
in related industrial or consumer products manufacturing or
- Experience in Fluid Mechanics, Pressure Gauges, and/or Heat
Transfer, Stage Gate Methodology and Project Management
- Reports to R&D Manager. Key relationships will
include R&D team, Marketing, Procurement External Suppliers,
and Operations groups.
- Travel, including international, up to 25% is required.
The employee will also be expected to participate in
occasional teleconference meetings with global colleagues in
different time zones.
Come Join Us!
Energizer offers a competitive
total rewards package which includes a range of health, wellness
and retirement savings coverage, paid time off and holidays, and
many opportunities to learn, develop and grow. At Energizer, you’ll
have the opportunity to contribute and make an impact every single
Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit
discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental
status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or any other legally protected status in accordance
with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Energizer, Dayton , Mechanical Engineer, Other , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!