Regional Director of Nursing (DON)
Company: Otterbein Senior Life
Posted on: October 14, 2021
This position is designed to serve as a Transition Nurse Leader
when an opening occurs at any Otterbein location in the Director of
Nursing (DON) or Health Care Coordinator (HCC) Positions. The Nurse
Leader will give leadership and supervision to licensed health care
areas and staff at assigned location. When an Interim role is not
needed, then the Nurse Leader will be assigned special projects by
the VP Clinical Quality. At times the Nurse Leader may serve
as an Interim Nurse Leader while completing project work.
Preferably based in Northwest Ohio.
Otterbein is searching for a strong, mission driven nurse leader
to join the dedicated and compassionate team committed to enhancing
the quality of life and holistic growth of older persons we
Travel: up to 100% depending on transition
- Lodging provided if over 1 hour commute from
Apply from your phone! Text OTTER to 89743
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we supply PPE
(Personal Protective Equipment) to keep you and our residents safe.
Additionally, we have implemented stronger infection control and
testing procedures in all Otterbein locations.
Director of Nursing/Health Care Coordinator
- Obtains daily report from the nurses (daily rounds are
- Discusses observations/concerns about clinical compliance with
the nurses or care coordinator
- Monitors compliance of collection and submission of MDS
- Reviews and assures that staff is compliant with in-service
requirements and program for self-development
- Monitors Quality Measures and coordinates Quality
- Monitors clinical budget and acts as a fiscal steward
- Completes incident reporting and follow up
- Acts as a liaison with the Medical Director(s) and completes
Monthly Reports and Quarterly QA initiatives
- Effectively supervises staff in all areas of employment in
partnership with Human Resources
- Acts as a liaison with healthcare vendors
- Works on the floor when needed
- Acts as a liaison with families when appropriate
- Education: BSN
- Licensure/Certification: Current OH RN
license; RN license in IN a plus.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years’ of Director
of Nursing experience in long-term care//nursing home environment
required. Experience as an MDS nurse is a significant plus
Experience in post-acute environments also a plus
Special Skills and Requirements:
- Must have a proven track record of strong OH Department of
Health survey results
- Must have a track record of recruiting and developing high
quality clinical talent.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to change.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records; PCC experience
- Must be detailed oriented and have excellent literacy and
writing, documentation, communications and interpersonal
Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress related to
working with persons who are ill, disabled, elderly and/or
- Must be able to communicate in English.
Apply today and begin a meaningful career as an Regional
Director of Nursing (DON) at Otterbein!
Keywords: Otterbein Senior Life, Dayton , Regional Director of Nursing (DON), Other , Lebanon, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!