Company: Cox Enterprises
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Primary Location: Dayton OH, Dayton, OH, USADivision: Cox
EnterprisesJob Level: Individual ContributorTravel: NoSchedule:
Full-timeShift: Day JobRequisition Number: 225305At Cox, we're
forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning
workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we're
looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in
the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive,
communications, the environment and more.We want to do everything
we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where
permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job.
Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will
of course be considered.Keep reading to learn more about this
opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.The Dayton Daily
News, a Cox Enterprise company, is in search of a savvy Account
Executive. The right person for this role will be responsible for
nurturing existing clients and developing new client relationships.
The Account Executive will have strong sales and customer service
skills, acumen for business development, proven success with cold
calling/outbound sales and a strong emphasis on solution base
selling. This role will work primarily with small to medium size
businesses in the Dayton and surrounding region. The Account
Executive will report directly to the Regional Sales Manager. This
position will be base salary plus commission.Whats In It For You?A
business is only as good as the people who make it thrive. At Cox,
we take pride in our people, and take care of them accordingly. Our
award-winning employee culture and benefits speak to our commitment
to our people:
- We all have lives and responsibilities outside of work, and we
respect that. We have an exceptional work/life balance at Cox, with
accommodating work schedules and flexible time-off policies.
- Our talent is paid what theyre worth with a competitive salary
package and top-notch bonus & incentive plans.
- We help you prepare for the future with a 401(k) (that well
generously match), life insurance and disability insurance.
- Youll enjoy a generous suite of healthcare benefits with
various deductible options, along with pharmacy benefits, Flexible
Spending Account & Health Savings Account options, counseling for
mental wellness and more.
- As you grow your family, rest assured that youll have access to
our inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility
coverage and adoption assistance.
- Want to volunteer in your community? We encourage that, and
even offer paid hours for you to do so.
- Our employees enjoy discounts on computers, entertainment,
travel and more.
- Continuing education and professional development are
important, and at Cox we offer both.
- We all love our pets-whether they walk, crawl, fly, swim or
slither-and were happy to supply insurance for them as
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job.
(Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections
will be considered.)
- Develop and grow opportunities for new business, reactivating
inactive accounts and growing existing business.
- Conduct research to identify clients with advertising
- Design and implement strategies useful in the creation of
effective marketing solutions using newspaper and digital product
- Contact clients through calls and meetings to discuss
advertising opportunities, present proposals, and discuss creative
plans for their advertising campaigns
- Work with internal support staff to implement client
- Participate in conferences/meetings/networking events to
improve job knowledge and increase contact network
- Responsible for reaching monthly core and digital
goals.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Strong sales skills required
- Ability to type 40wpm
- Excellent presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Contract negotiation skills
- Excellent time management, multi-tasker and teamwork
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint,
- Strong digital aptitudeEducation & Business ExperienceBachelors
degree preferred or equivalent work experience
2+ years of sales experience
Media sales experience a plus
Who We AreAbout CoxWe are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been
making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class
businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent
to always look for growth and impact while building a career with
us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive -
are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with
powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more
progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet
operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and
healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future
for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will
be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where
we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common
purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.Benefits of working at
Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision),
retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave,
parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For
more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our
benefits page.Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All
qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for
employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color,
religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical
or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information,
ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by
law.Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar
Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we
formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to
our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager,
or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Enterprises, Dayton , Account Executive, Other , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!