Energy Field Sales Representative
Company: American Electric Power
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Territory can cover:
AEP Energy is a certified competitive retail electricity and
natural gas supply provider. We proudly serve residential, small
business and commercial and industrial customers. AEP Energy has
over 100 years of industry experience with backing from our parent
company, American Electric Power (AEP). AEP is one of the largest
electric energy companies in the United States and ranked 204 of
the Fortune 500.
Do you have the power to learn and execute sales and marketing
programs, then this role is for you!
The ideal candidate will have high-energy, drive, and ambition with
a contagious positive attitude.
Successful candidates will have a strong service focus as well as
Generate business by working an assigned territory visiting up to
30 - 50 residential houses per day selling electricity (direct
Use a consultative selling approach; Help educate and increase
customer's awareness of their energy choice as well as competitive
advantage of choosing AEP Energy Partners over other energy
Provide potential customer with pricing and effectively close the
Assure quality and accurate representation of products; Maintain
professional image on behalf of the Company
Entry-Level role. Competitive individuals looking to excel
Must have Valid Driver's license with a good driving record
Must have a reliable form of personal transportation to use during
the course of work hours
Must have auto insurance coverage that satisfies the minimum
requirement for the state of Ohio
HS Diploma or equivalent
Work Experience - Must have one of the following (can be
- Three (3) months of phone or face to face customer service
experience within a sales, retail, or service industry.
- 3 months of leadership experience in a club or
- Prior military experience
- Embodies AEP Energy Values (i.e., Accountability, Passion,
Integrity, Innovation, Humor, Humility, and Candor).
- High-energy, drive, and ambition with a contagious positive
- Strong service and results orientation.
- Power to learn and execute sales and marketing programs
- Enthusiastic and passionate desire to succeed
- High EQ-- superior interpersonal skills, win-win mindset,
- Innovative and resourceful.
- Excellent communication skills - written, spoken, listening
with ability to explain and interpret complex issues clearly,
mindful of audience.
- Ability to prioritize, plan proactively, manage conflicting
priorities, operate in a high stress environment and multi-task
Physical demand level is Not Yet Determined
#INDAEP Associated topics: b2c, door to door, electronic commerce,
residential, residential customer, residential sales, retail,
Keywords: American Electric Power, Dayton , Energy Field Sales Representative, Other , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!