Activities Assistant $15+ (Part Time)
Company: Arrow Senior Living
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job Title:Resident Services AssistantDepartment/Group:Resident
ServicesJob DescriptionCompany PhilosophyArrow Senior Living
Management believes that each employee makes a significant
contribution to our success in fulfilling our mission to provide
exceptional, loving and dignified care. That contribution should
not be limited by assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this
position description is designated to outline primary duties,
qualifications and job scope, but not limit the individual or the
organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation
that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and
whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.Key
AccountabilityTo assist in and maintain a quality activities
program that enriches the lives of the seniors in our community as
well as to provide five-star customer service.Duties
- Present a professional demeanor that communicates a corporate
philosophy of service, goodwill, and genuine interest in each
- Responsibility for assisting in the design, organization, and
evaluation of a planned activity program.
- Ensure that activities foster and maintain independent
- Help manage all social activities in and out of the
- Familiarize yourself with residents of the community, including
a detailed understanding of each residents unique interests,
hobbies, history, and personal challenges.
- Help in development and maintenance of a resident book,
including photograph and contact information of each resident (to
remain at the front desk).
- Participate in resident orientations by explaining amenities,
routines, and expectations of the community and your
- Observe residents ability to perform daily ADLs and social
skills, communicate potential difficulties, or opportunities to the
appropriate team member.
- When called upon, participate in care planning and other
meetings, formal and informal.
- Plan daily schedule to maximize interaction with
- Participate in all training offered by employer.
- Assist in monitoring emergency call system and respond via set
- Coordinate, participate in, assist, and support the residents
council by holding meetings so residents may voice their concerns
and suggestions, and in turn, respond to issues raised by the
- Develop written plan of monthly activities, providing
activities 7 days-a-week, including evening and night
- Assist with creation and publication of monthly or bi-monthly
activities calendar and newsletter for distribution inside and
outside of the community and on the community web page.
- Interview new residents at time of arrival and existing
residents periodically to discover activity interests and develop
programs to fit interests of the majority of the resident
- Organize leisure time activities such as games, puzzles,
- Decorate the community for all special events, holidays, and
- Perform other duties as assigned.Requirements
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Previous experience in conducting group activities and senior
- Knowledge of the requirements for providing care and
supervision appropriate to the residents.
- Be in good health and physically and mentally capable of
performing assigned tasks. Good physical health and freedom from
tuberculosis shall be verified by a health screening performed by a
physician not more than six (6) months prior to or seven (7) days
- Must be criminally cleared by DOJ and FBI background
- Must have a clean driving record as per the insureds
- Has demonstrated skills, knowledge and competency in the areas
of leadership and supervision, including time management and
organization, as well as the ability to represent and promote
activities and programs.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills
Keywords: Arrow Senior Living, Dayton , Activities Assistant $15+ (Part Time), Other , Fairborn, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!