Company: Reid Health
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Under the direction of the Physician(s), Practice Manager and
Clinical Manager, the Office Assistant performs all front office
duties including answering the telephone, scheduling patient
appointments, performing check-in and check-out functions, and
maintaining patient medical records. This individual works
hand-in-hand with the Physician and Practice Manager to achieve
quality outcomes for the patient.
- Answer and triage incoming telephone calls, responds to
questions, takes appropriate messages, schedules patient
appointments or transfers caller as necessary.
- Maintains appointment schedule by scheduling patient based on
urgency, length of exam time required, and or convenience of
- Confirms next day patient appointments by contacting patient
reminding of appointment time, maintains correct availability of
days and rescheduling as soon as possible.
- Collects patient copayments.
- Verifies patient and insurance information.
- Updates chart with copies of current insurance card and patient
- Enters faxed referrals into the referral work queue and
contacts patients to schedule.
- Prepares new patient charts as necessary.
- Verifies insurance coverage, plan benefits coverage, signed
insurance assignments, release of information signature,
- Check out patient by collecting any additional payment due for
services rendered if applicable.
- Record and post charges and payments daily.
- Balance cash drawer and prepare deposit for Practice Manager to
take to bank.
- Inventories and restocks office supplies after approval by
- Sort and distribute mail, lab results and transcription on a
- File appropriate lab results and transcription according to
timelines established by the practice.
- Performs all duties respectful of confidentiality and safety of
all patients, employees, and Physicians.
- Adheres to established quality principles and standards
established by Reid Physician Associates, Inc. and Reid Hospital
and Health Care Services Qualifications
High School Graduate or GED equivalent; graduate of accredited
Medical Assistant Training Program preferred
Schedule DetailsDay shift. 40 hours weekly.
Keywords: Reid Health, Dayton , Office Assistant, Other , Richmond, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!