CNC Milling Machinist - 1st Shift
Company: MW Industries
Posted on: January 26, 2023
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Responsible for the set-up of moderately
complex jobs and operation of CNC equipment, and ensuring that all
required processes are completed to produce parts that meet quality
and ISO standards. Responsible to assist in the training of
personnel as required. May be responsible to operate CMM.
- Set-up moderately complex jobs and operate conventional,
special-purpose, and computerized numerical control (CNC) machines
and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts
and fits and assembles machined parts into complete units, applying
knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics,
machine ability of materials, and layout techniques. Able to run
multiple machines at one time.
- Review and understand blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals,
specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and
tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools,
attachments, accessories, and materials on machines, such as mills,
lathes, jig borers, grinders, and tooling pre-setter.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors, such
as speed, feed, coolant flow, and enter command to retrieve, input,
or edit computerized machine control media; observes machine
operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and
adjusts machine controls or control media, as required.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of
machine settings to programmed control data ensuring functionality
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or
out-of-tolerance machining and adjust machine controls or control
media, as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications,
using precision measuring instruments.
- Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly, using jigs,
fixtures, surface plate, surface table, hand tools, and power
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly, using measuring
instruments, such as micrometers, height gages, and gage
- Specializes in setting up and operating machines in a
particular machining area (i.e., Swiss lathes, chucker lathes,
grinders, mills, wire EDMs, etc.).
- Responsible to assist in the training of personnel, as
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or
others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Complete essential documentation, as required.
- Assure all policies and procedures are followed and safety
precautions are taken to reduce the risk of injury.
- Maintain a clean work area and assure safe operation of all
- Must be available on reasonable notice for unscheduled overtime
to meet production schedules.
- Perform and document Operator Preventive Maintenance
operations, as needed.
- Assist Manufacturing Engineer.
- Assist production in all areas.
- May assist with tooling / fixturing build.
- Occasionally, miscellaneous non-recurring duties such as, but
not limited to, packing, shipping, unpacking and sorting,
inspection, cleaning, finishing, deburring, etc.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION: High School Graduate or equivalent. Three
or more years CNC machining experience or demonstrated
SKILLS: Ability to work with minimal supervision. Excellent
problem-solving skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks and
prioritize accordingly. Ability to read blueprints. Knowledge of
GD&T. Complete knowledge of G-Codes. Ability to be a team
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:The physical demands and work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to
finger, handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and
arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk
or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: Work performed in a production environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to
weather conditions prevalent at the time (for Maintenance &
Receiving only). The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate to high, in some areas.
MW Industries, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: MW Industries, Dayton , CNC Milling Machinist - 1st Shift, Other , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!