Company: Auto Valve, Inc
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description:Summary:Directly responsible for the production
assembly and test methods of products to meet the requirements of
the engineering product drawings. Develop these methods that meet
all quality standards and refine the methods to optimize production
profitability and on time delivery through the production assembly
and test sequence. The end result is a quality product delivered to
the customer's satisfaction and meeting company's KPIs.Duties and
responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the
- Generate product assembly instructions and convert these
instructions into manufacturing routing operation sequences.
- Generate product test instructions derived from Acceptance Test
- Train production personal to execute assembly and test
- Generate the scope for test stands, fixtures, and equipment to
execute production test instructions.
- Design and produce assembly fixtures and test fixtures using
- Establish production test stand preventative maintenance.
- Estimates and plans all phases of any complex project with
minimal supervision, including Manufacturing Process plans, Tooling
Design related to production product assembly and test.
- Communicate with and manage outside suppliers of production
test equipment and test system components.
- Have familiarity with CNC programming.
- Effectively communicates with other internal departments,
suppliers and customers to problem solve. Includes producing and
submitting Value Engineering ideas to Engineers for internal and
- Communicates with production personnel regarding time standards
and timely response to suggestions for process improvement.
- Coordinates with Manufacturing, Purchasing, Production
Planning, Sales, Quality and Engineers to expedite deliverable
products within estimated time and costs.
- Communicates with all departments to assure the most economical
manufacturing process per the Company's current capabilities and
- Investigates inappropriate time standards that may need
adjustment for accuracy with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates effective process control knowledge in SPC
charting, identification of KCC (Key Control Characteristics), as
well as determining effective corrective action.
- Pursues further education in the latest manufacturing
techniques, testing processes and equipment.
- Reviews and determines disposition of rejected parts and
discrepancy notices when called upon. Depending on disposition, may
issue rework or replacement routings to floor, submit repair
procedures, waivers to Quality Assurance to forward to customer for
- Responsible for all NPD (New Product Development) work up
though the first 3 lots produced on the manufacturing floor after
the hand-off has been done.
- Responsible for Quality, Delivery and Cost (in that order) for
all NPD assembly and test work.
- Assists other Manufacturing Engineers as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.Supervisory Responsibilities:Not
applicable.Requirements:Skills and Experience:Experience using
production tools, fixtures, and methods to stage and assemble
products such as but not limited to: commons hand tools, arbor
press, lockwire tools, o-ring installation, spring assemblies, etc.
Experience conducting product tests, data collection and recording
methods, test methods conforming to ISO9000/AS9100 requirements.An
Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering in one of
the following fields: Mechanical, Process, Industrial, or an
equivalent. Individual must possess exceptional math and
trigonometry skills as well as sound 3D CAD design skills preferred
with SolidWorks. Excellent knowledge of manufacturing assembly
processes and product performance test methods. Good communication
and organizational skills are necessary and incumbent must be a
team player with a willingness to share knowledge.Preferred Skills
and Experience:SPC Experience, Lean Training, Six Sigma Training,
5S Training, Strong in data collection and spreadsheets, use of a
variety of measuring equipment, digital recording devices, fluid
flow testing with both gaseous and liquid fluids, architecture
design of fluid flow test stands, familiar in working within a
network environment, experience in working in an ERP
system.Physical Demands/Work Environment:The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While
performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly
required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to
sit and occasionally required to stand, walk, and use hands to
finger, handle or feel. Job responsibilities demand exposure to the
production floor. Company lifting limitations will be enforced.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
and ability to adjust focus.Work Hours: 48 hours per week on a 5
day per week schedule, plus additional overtime as
Keywords: Auto Valve, Inc, Dayton , Manufacturing Engineer, Other , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!