Company: Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies
Posted on: March 18, 2023
The Alaka'ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is looking
for an Epidemiologist to provide mission support services to the US
Air Force 711th Human Performance Wing (HPW) out of
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH. This position is onsite.JOB
- Perform data collection and oversee health surveillance data as
- Serve as the initial point of contact for users requesting data
and/or data-related support services and participator in decisions
on data systems design, upgrading, and integration.
- Build maintain professional relationships with appropriate data
developers and Information Technology support staff to ensure data
quality, completeness, and integrity.
- Support 711 HPW during collaborative efforts to increase data
sharing capabilities and research partnerships with other principal
stakeholders in 711 HPW and AFMS research and surveillance as well
as support collaborative efforts with DoD and outside
- Assist in designing and maintaining data management protocols
and policies for 711 HPW research, reporting and special projects
and shall recommend improvements for existing data
collection/management and design requirements protocols for new
- Provide analytic support and collaborate as needed for 711 HPW
and DoD professionals from multiple organizations on research and
- Provide assistance to data users in producing timely and
accurate routine and ad hoc reports, special study designs and
methods, institutional review board (IRB) proposals, and research
protocols as well as conduct data analysis and/or provide data
analysis recommendations and interpretation.
- Assist prioritizing research areas, and work with MAJCOM and
Air Force Level personnel in determining which health issues among
AF members require future study, for the purpose of prioritization
of these research efforts.
- Draft and execute research protocols for prioritized research
areas and submit these protocols to the appropriate IRB.
- Coordinate with appropriate personnel at identified research
location sites; generate summary reports of findings for
711HPW/RHBF and partner organizations as required.
- Draft and/or edit research protocols, proposals, scientific
abstracts, manuscripts, slide presentations, and posters as
- Attend/support meetings, as required, with government and
civilian organizations, academia, and subject matter experts.
- Assure confidentiality of documents, communications and study
data (CITI training current and follow HIPPA and IRB
- Assist in the technical review of proposals submitted to
711HPW/RHBF as required.
- Conduct scientific literature reviews.
- Maintain professional relationships with team lead, team
members, investigators, 711 HPW, MAJCOMs, DoD, and outside
- Travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations may be requiredREQUIRED
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have at least five (5) years' experience working in this
field. epidemiology, statistics, biostatistics, or related
- Must have advanced analytical skills in public health,
epidemiology and epidemiological study design and execution, to
include experience combining, cleaning, and analyzing large
multivariate data sets, including experience with epidemiological
and/or health-related datasets.
- Must have knowledge of common statistical methods as well as
experience applying them to real-world situations.
- Must possess technical writing and presentation skills,
including the ability to provide interpretation of results and
conduct scientific literature reviews.
- Must possess expertise in descriptive statistics, multivariable
analysis, Rapid and/or MS SQL, as well as STATA, SAS, R, and/or
SPSS statistical software.
- Must be medically qualified to work in an altitude chamber and
fly during Government-operated MEDEVAC/AES/CCATT training
- Must have experience with MS Windows, MS Access, MS Excel, MS
PowerPoint, MS Publisher, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Must be professional, detail oriented, possess excellent
communication skills, and speak fluent English.
- Must have the ability to thrive in a team environment yet be
able to complete assigned tasks independently or with minimal
- Must have a signed Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) in place with
their company based on the potential access to confidential,
proprietary, and/or sensitive information.DESIRED SKILLS:
- Prior military experience or previous experience working in a
- Experience in human performance
research.DEGREE/EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT:Master's level
degree in epidemiology, statistics, biostatistics, or related
field.CITIZENSHIP/SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must pass a Tier 1 (T1) background check
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is a
fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy
competitive salaries. Eligible employees enjoy a 401K plan with
company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 11 paid
holidays. The Alaka`ina Foundation FOCs is proud to be an equal
opportunity employer.We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are
proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a
disability and you need an accommodation during the application
process, please click here to request accommodation. We E-Verify
all employees.The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs)
is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms
designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a)
certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes
Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kupono
Government Services, Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions, Kikaha
Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation
activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of
Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing
innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science &
technology, and environmental stewardship.For additional
information, please visit www.alakainafoundation.com
Keywords: Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies, Dayton , Epidemiologist, Other , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...