Posted on: September 15, 2023
Can you provide sound legal advice to our global business?
Do you enjoy collaborating cross-functionally to deliver on common
Join us in shaping a more just world.
LexisNexis, a part of RELX, is a leading global provider of legal,
regulatory, and business information. We help customers increase
productivity and improve decision-making and outcomes. Our 10,500
experts and innovative tools help us shape a better world for our
customers and communities.
About the Role
The Contract Specialist reports to the Director, Contract and
Procurement Services and supports the company's contract and
subcontract administration services including: proposal
preparation, contract analysis in accordance with the RFP
requirements, negotiating consulting agreements, teaming
agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and develops creative and
responsive solutions for all our managers in support of their
department business plans.
The position interacts with independence and autonomy. Interaction
and teamwork with supporting organizations is required in order to
effectively meet expectations, both internally and externally. This
position works closely with the department manager and carries out
the daily tactical plan in support of the broader strategic
direction. Completes work tasks in compliance with ISO
certification requirements. Additionally, the position works
closely with the purchasing department to insure a seamless
exchange of communication to insure that the department interfaces
run efficiently and effectively.
- Assisting in the preparation of proposals and providing
management with a coordinated contracting approach to drive
- Maintaining contract and subcontract database to ensure contract
- Interpreting contract terms and conditions for staff.
- Preparing and administrating contracts, subcontracts, teaming,
non-disclosure agreements and consulting agreements
- Maintaining and administrating functions associated with GSA
schedules or other government contract vehicles
- Preparing contract briefs after new awards to ensure management
is aware of compliance issues
- Conducing Request for Quotes (RFQ's) and Request for Proposal
(RFP's) as needed
- Providing support for all government compliance matters and
support for external/internal audits as required
- Serving as liaison to corporate and external legal counsel as
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business
- Demonstrate experience with contract management database software
and implementation phases
- Have excellent experience in contract administration department
with extensive contract negotiation experience
- Display experience in administering all types of Federal
- Have sound knowledge of contract law and the Uniform Commercial
- Display solid analytical and organization skills and demonstrated
ability to write contracts
- Have in-depth knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
and its supplements
- Display excellent verbal and written skills particularly with
subcontractors, management and employees
- Demonstrate project management and proven program implementation
- Be able to travel between facilities and client locations
- Have considerable knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organization,
with various flexible and remote working options available to
Working with Us
LexisNexis Legal & Professional is proud to be an equal-opportunity
employer. We are committed to equal opportunity employment
regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status,
disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Together, we are
building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Working for you
We believe in a healthy work/life balance. We know that your
well-being and happiness are key to a long and successful career.
These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer: -
Comprehensive, multi-carrier health plan benefits - Disability
insurance - Dependent care and commuter spending accounts - Life
and accident insurance - Retirement benefits (salary investment
plan/employer stock purchase plan) - Modern family benefits,
including adoption and surrogacy
About our Team
LexisNexis is a data and analytics company with 10,500 colleagues
serving customers in more than 150 countries. We're one of the
largest information and analytics companies on the planet. We
design solutions that help our customers increase productivity,
improve decision-making and outcomes, and be more successful.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity
employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated
during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion,
sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status,
protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic
protected by law. We are committed to providing a fair and
accessible hiring process. If you have a disability or other need
that requires accommodation or adjustment, please let us know by
completing our Applicant Request Support Form:
RELX is a global provider of information and analytics for
professional and business customers across industries.
We help scientists make new discoveries, lawyers win cases, doctors
save lives and insurance companies offer customers lower prices. We
save taxpayers and consumers money by preventing fraud and help
executives forge commercial relationships with their clients.
In short, we enable our customers to make better decisions, get
better results and be more productive.
Keywords: RELX, Dayton , Contract Specialist, Other , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!